Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Eastern Entente so Grey can know how it feels to be wiped out in mass numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Croctoptsar

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
2C

Death to Zerbs. Also, let's get a soviet union!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

thetruegentleman posted:

After giving it some thought, invading Switzerland just seem like a terrible idea, as it stretches Germany far too thin. Thus:

German: B, the Moltke Plan
Austria: B, The Kaiser Plan

Together, this is the "Invade Russia" plan: Russia is so weak that Austria can actually fight their troops man-for-man on even terms, and a two front war on Russia could allow Germany the opportunity (depending on how thin the Eastern Entente forces are) to clear the Baltic Sea of coastal guns so that the German navy can actually be used for something.

Once Russia is crippled by the initial blow, Germany can begin trickling more and more people west to put a check on Britain and France, who will eventually arrive in force at what should be a VERY well defended German border. While the Germans hold the line there, Germany can deliver a killing blow to Russia, and then use both ships and rail to move the bulk of the army against the Western Entente, who should be open to a flanking attack somewhere (the exact location depends on where they send most of their troops).

That's all well and good, but how many Zerbs will be killed if we follow this plan?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

thetruegentleman posted:

2B Austria makes it somewhat clear that they'll be dealt with, just at a later date. If they waste themselves attacking fortified defenses in the mean time, all the better.

We've heard these promises of Zerb blood for years with no actual Zerb blood. I am sick of out-of-touch politicians promising us Death To Zerbs but then invariably bait-and-switching us into killing Russians or Bulgarians. It's not the same.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Grey Hunter posted:

Hindenburg destroys Rennenkamp's army. Only the faster cavalry are able to flee the battlefield.

Alright either I can't read or Grey can't because it looks to me like you only killed ten thousand men of Rennenkamp's hundred thousand man army.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
How'd they blow up so many u-boats?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
GAS and use the superior Ottoman air power to pressure Both Russia and Britain!

Home by Ramadan!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

David Corbett posted:

[img-sean-spicer.jpg]

I know that goons are all in the habit of going MAXIMUM HITLER, so in that vain can we NOT GAS METZ? :v:

Don't care about Egypt, care about ejecting the million British that are presently strolling all over the beloved Vaterland.

Hard to maintain the moral high ground when you're under the Gallic boot.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Stabbed in the front!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Am I the only one who thinks of General Kushner whenever they read Kitchener?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
That's crazy results. How does that not gut the Western Entente?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Grey Hunter posted:

I order no advances on the western front.

Would you say it's all quiet there?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Neophyte posted:

Does the AI get any bonuses or cheats for its side?

Well, it does get Grey Hunter as its opponent.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
"everyone"

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Nuramor posted:

Are the russians above 75 morale again?

Yes. In this timeline he'll be known as Tsar Alexander II the Great.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Greyed in the Back.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm thinking about calling it, not only because I've lost, but because the turns take an hour to do, in a solid block. My Son is now waking at 4-5am and Its getting hard to find that block of time. (Hence the sporadic updates)

I'll continue if people want me to play it out though! I'm not a quitter.

I want to see a WWI game, but not this one. The only thing it did for me was teach me to ID some of the generals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Night10194 posted:

Little Grey is way more important than watching the Central Powers get their noses rubbed in it.

Wait, I thought the choice was between this and another WWI game, not between this and some Greyspawn. Spend the hour teaching your kid about the Great War, Grey. You're British, that's like all you're expected to do as a father.

And by "teach" I mean keep doing LPs with that hour.

• Locked thread