Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Gort posted:

My problem with the various AGEOD LPs I've seen is that the battle screens just tell me who lost the most men, not why. Maybe it's buried in tooltips somewhere.

Seconding this. I have no idea what the hell is going on. About the only thing I learned from this lp is that somehow letting as many Russians into prussia then popping two events on them in a row is the optimal way to crush the red russian army in a pocket white their cohesion is nuked from the events.

Edit: the Russians are always red in every board game I play.

twig1919 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
Now that the Russians are below 75 NM there is a chance every turn that the bolshevik revolution kicks off?

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
Is the list territory really hurting you yet? Out seems like the French are potentially overextending themselves for a potential enforcement if you can free up those troops from the Russian front.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011

MANime in the sheets posted:

Correct. They were not able to find a way to get the UK AI to respect the need to keep x number of merchant ships in the Atlantic shipping box, so they turned off the UK's exit from the war due to rebel alignment. Most of the number you're seeing is bullshit, it's just from the AI moving its own crap away from the shipping box, thus causing a lot of u-boat rolls that are not actually happening, as our u-boats were sunk in the first couple turns and AFAIK GH did not build more.

Also, GH, I'm seeing you in offensive (orange) posture in a lot of these W. Front battles you're losing. Are you actually trying to enter Entente-held territories? If you're not, you should leave the units on defensive (blue). When you're in orange mode, you don't gain terrain or entrenchment boni. Both sides in orange get treated as a meeting engagement, when the defender is in blue he gets significant defensive advantages.

Everything is starting to make sense now...

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
What might have helped this game would have been reducing the amount of supplies that troops can carry, but increasing the supply generation rate greatly. Also, by making supply attach to the regions (it seems like it is attached to the troops?). It seems like this game simply doesn't model that it is impossible to keep 2 million men in a tiny area supplied for sustained periods of time.

Still though, for all the effort spent at trying to jerry rig this game engine to handle WW1, they could have either modified the core engine or just made a new one that could have done it.

• Locked thread