Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Central Powers will k.u.k. the Entente!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

Does this even represent the naval war? It's an AGEOD game so I'm assuming it uses some unholy abomination of cards and off-board boxes or something to try and approximate it.
Well, the next game down the line - a TBD English Civil War game - seems to have ships, so dunno.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

4C four teh win. Fighting in mountainous terrain and ignoring Russian isn't stupid at allĄ

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The Swiss live another day :(

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The CP train is going in dry! :getin:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

"We have Serbs contained"
*every Serb attack inflicts higher casualties than it receives*
Way to go, A-H!

What's the different between the upper and lower replacement windows? Also, what are the grey folding steel and GBA circles for?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Randarkman posted:

Jesus, so that corps is basically history. That's close to 50% casualties in men and about 25%-30% of guns lost.

e: How are the Turks in regards to troop quality and commanders? Historically the Turkish army only really managed to put up a good fight in defensive operations in its own territory, they seem to have simply lacked the infrastructure necessary to carry through and support large scale offensives.

Basically, are the Turks capable of carrying out offensives and moving large numbers of troops? Or can they only contribute as a distraction for the British Empire as they have to defend themselves against attacks in the Middle East and against a possible amphibious assault?

I wonder how 26K troop can wander into an army 7 times their number.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

drat Russian spelling for Lithuanian city names! :argh:

Also, hot drat, Radomir Putnik. Outnumbered 10:1? That mean your K:D ratio will be 10:1!

Should have gone with Eastern Enetente, they have some bad rear end Grandpa Coot generals.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hey you took my hometown!

Those casualties, though :stare:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

How do those zero casualty battles keep happening? Are people just rushing in to surrender?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Let nature take its course!

By which I mean let's let Austria fight someone shittier than them for a change.\

Let them fight Italy.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Turn on the gas in Metz, take back Egypt, our strategic supply of mummies.

Only Austrians can win a defensive with 200% the casualties that the attackers had...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Kitchener is going to march into Berlin, isn't he?

Also, the obscure VLADIMIR NIKOLAEVICH Gorbatovskii should be commanding the 12th army corpus, at least by one book on the internet.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yeah, AH seems to believe that Pyrrhic victory is the only victory worth having :stare: how are they so bad?

Grey Hunter posted:

Bulow is to advance as well.

Elektrėnai (as seen in the picture) was only established in 1960s when the Soviets built a power plant name (hence the name, which would roughly translate to Electroville).

JcDent fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 25, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

At this point I'm imagining Kitchener as a Warhound-titan sized giant striding just behind the first wave of his doomstack.

Meanwhile in Austria: for every man that falls, the enemy will lose 0.3-0.5 of a man!

I am kinda gleeful about Austrians sucking, even though the soldiers doing the dying technically have nothing to do with it.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Randarkman posted:

Then again it seems perfectly in character for Kitchener to be this all conquering brutal warlord at the head of 1 and a half million men.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

I love this, I'm going to make it a wallpaper.

Also I'm referring to this as the Kitchener offensive from now on.

If you make it into a wallpaper, please send me a copy, too.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Randarkman posted:

Is the death of Kitchener scripted in this game?

How can he be lost at sea when he's doomstacking into Germany?

Also, we did lose all of our ubotes.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

300K loses. Without Kitchener to personally stomp his foot on German formations, the allies are getting plastered.

These loses look worse than even AH victories!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

wedgekree posted:

So, basically idea is keep on firing as many Rebel events as you hav the points to spend for? And did Rasputin activate or not in Russia?

I'm not sure what is weirdest so far in this WW1, but 'Italians Advance' probably holds a slim lead.

Yeah, "There is little we can do against the Italians" is usually followed by "to stop them from dying in front of our trenches."

What are the numbers on the bottom of the unit card?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

"Decent looking grog game" is an oxymoron. Most grog developers treat visuals/user friendliness as the read headed stepchild that can be starved of funds to feed research into more varieties of T-72 to put in the game.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Love it how the crown prince got half of his army wiped out in a single battle - including a field hospital, if I'm not mistaken.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

AH is a gift that keeps on giving.

To be fair, if we were playing Entente and taking an ahistorical plan, Piotorek would be in Moscow by September 1914

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Kitchener is ready to bury the Germans under piles of French corpses!

Also, laffo at Russians having less casualties than the Entante.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ya see, this is an AGEOD game, which is an exercise of making a game engine do what it is not meant to do, but by the creators of said engine instead of a plucky team of modders. So as far as I understand, diplomacy options and poo poo are regular map tiles/regions, only inaccessible to boats and armies. The TYW LP had decisions that were arrayed as units down in the UI, so certain political actions are just special units.

So since the political tiles are map tiles, they also have the traits of map tiles, like civilization level and infrastructure.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

wedgekree posted:

Just ow. This engine does not have what it takes for huge scale warfare. Also OW

Would you like to expand on that? Is it that it takes that many casualties per day or...?

Also, the Allies have more cannon that the Central Powers. Pig disgusting!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I wonder what these numbers have to do with the numbers in the report. Actual engaged dudes vs. their entire stacks?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

HannibalBarca posted:

it's a bit complicated. Conrad is technically part of his last name.

K.u.k. Feldmarschall Franz Xaver Joseph Conrad Graf von Hötzendorf

JcDent
May 13, 2013

HannibalBarca posted:

Update from Hannibal's alternate timeline CP game:

:stare:

Steely-eyed mustache man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ikasuhito posted:

Technically you were losing you're Steam and Iron IIRC.

I don't get it?

• Locked thread