Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Eastern Entente

Russia never gets any love in WW1 Letsplays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

2B Once again casting my vote for Russia.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

JcDent posted:

"We have Serbs contained"
*every Serb attack inflicts higher casualties than it receives*
Way to go, A-H!

Thats not true. The Serbians received over two thousands more casualties than A-H in festung peterwardein. After they had to call for backup of course.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yvonmukluk posted:

The Royal Navy is taking no chances with Grey this time.

Fools! It's Grey's surface fleet they need to worry about. They shall sally forth and destroy the British navy one battleship at a time, until they are so overcome with fear that the brits will refuse to even leave port.

And then Grey will lose anyway due to the dumb victory conditions.:v:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well that pocket that was supposed to turn the tide of the war was nice while it lasted.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I rather hope Grey can pull through. It would be disappointing if the game managed to beat Grey to the ground because we had the audacity to try and do something other than the historical path.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

TildeATH posted:

Stabbed in the front!

...and the back, sides, and probably from above as well.

Two front wars kind of suck.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

A string of generally good news right up until we hit that brick wall at the last second.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

:eyepop: No doubt what finally turned the battle to the Entente's favor was when your men could no longer manage to scale the wall of dead Frenchmen.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

dublish posted:

I still don't think Grey's in a terrible position. The Eastern Entente should be spiraling down in the next year, freeing up huge numbers of troops for the west.

Let's hope they get freed up before we have French troops lounging in Berlin. It's hard to deny that the war in the west is kind of a disaster.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

twig1919 posted:

Is the list territory really hurting you yet? Out seems like the French are potentially overextending themselves for a potential enforcement if you can free up those troops from the Russian front.

It really seems like French should have already overextended themselves, yet at almost every turn the French have managed to swat Gray aside. We have never need that Russian pocket to hold more than we do now. It's our only real hope.

Oddly enough our moral seems to be holding pretty steady.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 24, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

"Afterwords it was decided that digging graves for the dead would be to time consuming and thus instead dirt and gravel would be used to simply cover over the mounds of dead. In time this location would come to be known as "Mount Chomer" after the French commander in charge of the operation."

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

It's been a few turns now, So are the Russians in that pocket feeling the squeeze yet? There doesn't seem to be much change yet.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The Turks of all people seem to be your most reliable forces in play. Also holy poo poo at that moral drop and ridiculous Western front snake.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Technically you were losing you're Steam and Iron IIRC. You just called it early because of the games absurd win conditions for the Germans and the refusal of the British fleet to even give you a chance.

Not that I would count that of course.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 31, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

JcDent posted:

I don't get it?

Grey's Steam and Iron (take 2) Lets play. He was playing as Germany and to win he had to have more battleships that the British. The problem was that after several decisive battle the Brits just stopped sending out their big ships before he could kill enough of them to win. As it was he was going to lose because the AI was refusing to give him a chance so he just called it.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Horsebanger posted:

Does anyone have a link to this?

I probably should have linked it since I am the one going on about it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727202

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yeah, I would say gg, but the more I see of this game the less I like it, Still they cant all be winners.

• Locked thread