Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Eastern Entente, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

wedgekree posted:

I guess I'm sort of confused as to how logistically they could put so many men into the field in so narrow an area - you can't have a million+ soldiers by the logistics of an area in such a narrow front without massive issues from the men basically tripping over one another. They'd be running out of supplies and have massive coordination issues along such a narrow front particularly.

Maybe that's why they're losing so many men whenever they engage. Or is that just 'cause they're attacking? My problem with the various AGEOD LPs I've seen is that the battle screens just tell me who lost the most men, not why. Maybe it's buried in tooltips somewhere.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I think Kitchener split his force at some point, rather than losing like 800,000 men out of it.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I don't get why Kitchener is always taking higher losses than forces he outnumbers ten-to-one. Is defense just that strong? Or is there something dragging him down about having such a vast force?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Wow. This is getting brutal. Sucks to be losing chunks of the Rheinland.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Pockets don't seem to have been all that decisive so far. The allied troops in them have been dying nicely, but that's been the case everywhere, pocket or no pocket.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Yeah, that was doubly-stupid because the whole point of the naval war in WW1 is that the British couldn't afford to cede control of the sea to Germany like that. The blockade of Germany was devastating in the long-run, and cutting off even some of Britain's trade would have had a similar effect on them, not to mention the political ramifications of a nation used to ruling the waves being beaten down that hard at sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

It does kinda feel like AGEOD is not great at this conflict, since it's all about stacks instead of frontlines.

• Locked thread