Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

CannonFodder posted:

He won the NCAA Banner that eluded Roy Williams, and has a slightly better W/L. He's not going anywhere.

He can get hosed for threatening to send Embiid back to Africa just for doing a crossover during an expo game, but yeah, this is more just... I'll say this, this team didn't quit as soon as UCLA or several other teams did this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wiltsghost posted:

Bill is 2-7 in elite eight games. I love the dude but come on.

Talk about first world problems, loving hell...

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

He won the NCAA Banner that eluded Roy Williams, and has a slightly better W/L. He's not going anywhere.

Oh, I don't want anyone else coaching KU. I know we are lucky to have him.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Talk about first world problems, loving hell...

Kansas was predicted to win by Vegas almost every one of those losses. It gets really tiresome.

Having said that, this wasn't on Self. Oregon was absurdly hot, absurdly excited, and had the advantage where the Jayhawks were weakest. Also, Jackson and Graham were dumb as hell. But KU kept engaged throughout, had some serious lockdown defense for vast stretches of this game... but it is what it is.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 26, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

Kansas was predicted to win by Vegas almost every one of those losses. It gets really tiresome.

Having said that, this wasn't on Self. Oregon was absurdly hot, absurdly excited, and had the advantage where the Jayhawks were weakest. Also, Jackson and Graham were dumb as hell. But KU kept engaged throughout, had some serious lockdown defense for vast stretches of this game... but it is what it is.

Listen, I understand it can get annoying to come so close over and over and not get there. FFS Wake lost a soccer National Championship because of ONE penalty kick in a shootout and has been to the soccer final four something like 3 out of the last 6 years and not taken home the title. Doesn't change the fact that it's absurdly hard to stick to projections in a one and done situation like the Elite Eight where every team is Pretty loving Good and a game like basketball has absurd variance on a game to game basis.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Oregon was a super dangerous team that was probably underrated throughout most of the season, and bigger and older than Kansas at key spots which is a really difficult thing to overcome. I thought Jackson would play better which is why I thought Kansas would still barely win, but with him having a bad game the outcome really is not a surprise.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I make fun of the Pac-12 every year, but I can't remember a time in recent history where KU got past a team from there. UCLA, Stanford, Oregon... all losses.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Rick posted:

Oregon was a super dangerous team that was probably underrated throughout most of the season, and bigger and older than Kansas at key spots which is a really difficult thing to overcome. I thought Jackson would play better which is why I thought Kansas would still barely win, but with him having a bad game the outcome really is not a surprise.

As an Oregon fan, I thought Kansas would roll us. The offense was stagnant in the second half and leaned too heavily on Dorsey Bullshit, and we got lucky on the other end in terms of the Jayhawks just not hitting their threes (that said, the effort on D was great and of course Bell was a loving monster). It's better to be lucky than good I guess.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

meant to post this last night:

lol ku

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Man, I hate that we're playing Florida and I'm really drat nervous about it. We split the regular season series, but they beat us pretty handily the last time out. Really wish we were getting another opponent that wasn't familiar with our play style.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Go Gamecocks bitch

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
It's the Gamecocks destiny to slay North Carolina in the title game.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

RumbleFish posted:

Man, I hate that we're playing Florida and I'm really drat nervous about it. We split the regular season series, but they beat us pretty handily the last time out. Really wish we were getting another opponent that wasn't familiar with our play style.

Gamecocks by 5, Thornwell carries you late.

i hope im wrong

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

one other factor though

my farts smell really bad today and my teams almost always win when they smell like this :shrug:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Go Cocks

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

soph
o
more

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kasey hill i will forgive everything if you have a 2:1 assist/turnover ratio today

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Don't really care who wins this one, I just want it to be a good game to help me forget how nervous I am for the game later. We got revenge on UCLA Friday but I fear UNC will do the same today.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What's with the shot clock

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lmao the shot clock.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
go cocks bitch

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I appreciate trying Allen's attempt to penetrate inside at least :-/

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

frank martin is a psychopath lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Shot clocks are hard

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

both teams desperately looking for those quick points in transition hehe

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Go a gator gently caress a cock

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
This game has been pretty fun so far outside of the shot clock issues.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
SCar's defense closes ridiculously fast it seems.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol at the commentator saying if college basketball players can't hit a jumper off the dribble they are in the wrong "profession"

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Bank threes all day every day

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I feel like this game should be going opposite of what it is. Don't we already have double digit turnovers?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Gonna need UF to stop hitting a thousand threes, thanks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Mike White for coach of the year imo

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Felt bad about this game before it started and not feeling any better about it now. Shaky perimeter D, foul trouble, Florida has all the momentum...gonna need one hell of a second half.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
That was the worst inbounds pass I've ever seen in a game of basketball

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Libertine posted:

That was the worst inbounds pass I've ever seen in a game of basketball

Nice snag by Verne though

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I hate college refs

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Does CBS have a hardon for SC?

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

sure call five straight fouls why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Jfc this is a lot of whistles.

• Locked thread