Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
with the threat of my eviction still being relatively far off, at the rate things are going im pretty sure ill be able to complete my turn.

also dwarf me as a soap maker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Just realized we're down to 6 chads. There must always be 7.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll sign up

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

extremely steampunk posted:

I made some serious mistakes with this fight. first i didnt forbid passage thru the door so my melee dwarfs charged right in while the marksdwarfs sat back and didnt even see the monster. Then I also forgot that I had turned off "forbid death items" when I was messing around earlier, so a bunch of civilians ran into the middle of the melee and got crushed by the forgotten beast while trying to take the shoes off their dead comrades

Lol at this. Dwarfs are epic.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Umm... OK. So, if it's allowed, I'd like a redwarf~

Fuubi the Second is ready to pick up the axe! (If allowed)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Fuubi posted:

imo it's allowed, but only if you never make a post like that~ again

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fuubi posted:

You seem like a freak to me. But I'm not in charge here so whatever

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's weird how many random people I've never seen post in this forum showed up Big for the Dawrf Fortress thread

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

It's weird how many random people I've never seen post in this forum showed up Big for the Dawrf Fortress thread

it's a drat Other Forums hit squad

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I like it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

you only live twice..

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad my dwarf it's really retarded in combat but somehow is alive and well

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

my dwarf is a Legendary Weaponsmith.. fitting if you ask me.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i started an adventure file in the same world the fort is in to try and record what the migrants would have to go through on their journey to causalfences from another settlement. everything was going pretty well, and i even got info about a night creature lair on the way. i recruited a couple drunks from the village i started in, and they chose to wait outside the lair while i got stabbed in the foot and then head with a carving fork.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

In Training posted:

I'm exploring

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Well since no one is replying I guess anyone on the list can go next

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay it's my fort now

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looks like everyone who asked to be name is already so!

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

frank.club posted:

Please name the legendary bonecrafter child dwarf Jerkops

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

how am i doing?

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

What Tileset is the mod using?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
looks like phoebus

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

looks like phoebus

Yup

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
tried sending another adventure guy to causalfences but the game crashed as soon as i was geared up and leaving my start point. hadnt even even saved yet so all the screengrabs i took of his description and stats and such are useless

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

tried sending another adventure guy to causalfences but the game crashed as soon as i was geared up and leaving my start point. hadnt even even saved yet so all the screengrabs i took of his description and stats and such are useless

I think you have to enable 2D or standard print mode for adventure mode. I don't know why

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Fungah! You're up

edit: Because rediscover is still not ready... fail

sht sorry, iw as out of town and didnt think i would be up so soon. big fail here

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well you're all still alive, can't say as much for the new arrivals

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Fungah! posted:

sht sorry, iw as out of town and didnt think i would be up so soon. big fail here

Its all good, I'll just move you behind frank.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Robot Randy posted:

looks like phoebus

It's nice, I've always liked Tergel. For some reason I can't get Text will be Text to work on my mac.... Mac gaming strikes again.

I'd like to be a dwarf though.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i think my adventurer is cave adapted lol. keeps getting dizzy and throwing up whenever sunlight hits him, but even worse is my movement and combat speed are reduced to 1/3.

im not even sure its worth to make a backup of my save with a death sentence like that looming overhead

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not using the default tileset? Fail. Unsubscribed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Holy poo poo. This really is me.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

LMFAO

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
boil oil for thine fortress.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Rofl

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
:siren::snoop:aww poo poo, it's the motherbitchin' IMP ZONE ADVENTURE:siren::snoop:

we're gonna try to make it from our starting point, bevelcyanogen, to causalfences, and join our brothers and sisters at the factory of laughs. this should provide some insight on the daily hells the swarms of migrants must face

here's where we start

and here's where we hope to end up. getting through the dark goblin pits and fortresses surrounding causalfences should be a fun time.

rather than cutting over the mountains or taking the deep roads between mountainhomes, we're going to head to the east around the mountains

our dude, ral veinedlovemaking.

starting out as a peasant you dont get very many skill points or attribute points, so ral was put on the spectrum to allow for an extra level in strength.

----

we wake up deep in the fortress. there's not much in terms of gear or people in my immediate area.

wandering around, i meet the baroness of bevelcyanogens. nobles give different types of quests than the peasants you talk to, normally sending you to your death at the hands of a roc or other primordial beast, instead of the run of the mill werecreatures and bandits harassing the local peasantry. with that in mind, i asked her if she needs any work done.

the amiable dankness? wouldnt mind some meself

the kobolds are a fair ways away. i plan on taking the road south from the mountains into the human town on the coast to buy some better gear and find some traveling companions

as soon as i leave the fortress, my goony rear end starts heaving because the sunlight physically sickens me

other than the trail of bile, i make some good progress towards the coastal town. i need to make it there before nightfall or the bogeymen will sodomize me

as dusk falls, im close enough to my destination that i can hear the waves crashing on the shore

gently caress

just kidding. they sat still and let me walk around them

made it to the town. once you get close to a settlement, the overworld map will zoom in and give you a more detailed view of the city blocks and farm fields. i tried hitting up the general imports but the proprietors seemed to be ideas guys, since the shop was empty and none of the 5 co-owners had anything tangible to trade.

finding better armor in the castle was a bust because human armor doesnt fit dwarves, elves, goblins, or kobolds, so im stuck with the potato sack i started out with.

i did manage to find a pretty sweet oricalchum great axe in the castle, as well as a fellow axedwarf who agreed to travel with me. we decide to set out for the kobold cave in the morning

we've arrived.

the guards at the mouth of the cave couldn't care less that we showed up. i tried explaining the situation to the warlord, who is the kobold closest to me in that screen

the diplomatic route didnt work

the warlord, mole dog, and other kobold fell to pieces at the sight of our axes. i descend to the first level and make short work of the next two guards

o poo poo!! this could be real bad. all the !'s are 'sounds' that your character hears. around the corner there's probably 10 kobolds waiting to murk me

turns out it was just two kobolds in the midst of a domestic dispute

the next level lead into the caverns, but we couldnt advance and further because the stairs were flooded.

with the task of kobold cleansing complete, we head out of the cave and find a place to make camp.

i ended up icing enough creatures to get a title

here's a cool armok vision rendering of a river canyon and one of its tributaries meeting up with the main river.

----

that's all for this update. im about 1/8th of the way to my destination, and now that i have some fame and respect i can recruit more units into my party before being told to gently caress off, so names for dwarfing are available. is there anything specific in adventure mode that people would want to see? i can try to showcase it in one of the next updates

Robot Randy fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 5, 2017

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robot Randy posted:

:siren::snoop:aww poo poo, it's the motherbitchin' IMP ZONE ADVENTURE:siren::snoop:

we're gonna try to make it from our starting point, bevelcyanogen, to causalfences, and join our brothers and sisters at the factory of laughs. this should provide some insight on the daily hells the swarms of migrants must face

here's where we start

and here's where we hope to end up. getting through the dark goblin pits and fortresses surrounding causalfences should be a fun time.

rather than cutting over the mountains or taking the deep roads between mountainhomes, we're going to head to the east around the mountains

our dude, ral veinedlovemaking.

starting out as a peasant you dont get very many skill points or attribute points, so ral was put on the spectrum to allow for an extra level in strength.

----

we wake up deep in the fortress. there's not much in terms of gear or people in my immediate area.

wandering around, i meet the baroness of bevelcyanogens. nobles give different types of quests than the peasants you talk to, normally sending you to your death at the hands of a roc or other primordial beast, instead of the run of the mill werecreatures and bandits harassing the local peasantry. with that in mind, i asked her if she needs any work done.

the amiable dankness? wouldnt mind some meself

the kobolds are a fair ways away. i plan on taking the road south from the mountains into the human town on the coast to buy some better gear and find some traveling companions

as soon as i leave the fortress, my goony rear end starts heaving because the sunlight physically sickens me

other than the trail of bile, i make some good progress towards the coastal town. i need to make it there before nightfall or the bogeymen will sodomize me

as dusk falls, im close enough to my destination that i can hear the waves crashing on the shore

gently caress

just kidding. they sat still and let me walk around them

made it to the town. once you get close to a settlement, the overworld map will zoom in and give you a more detailed view of the city blocks and farm fields. i tried hitting up the general imports but the proprietors seemed to be ideas guys, since the shop was empty and none of the 5 co-owners had anything tangible to trade.

finding better armor in the castle was a bust because human armor doesnt fit dwarves, elves, goblins, or kobolds, so im stuck with the potato sack i started out with.

i did manage to find a pretty sweet oricalchum great axe in the castle, as well as a fellow axedwarf who agreed to travel with me. we decide to set out for the kobold cave in the morning

we've arrived.

the guards at the mouth of the cave couldn't care less that we showed up. i tried explaining the situation to the warlord, who is the kobold closest to me in that screen

the diplomatic route didnt work

the warlord, mole dog, and other kobold fell to pieces at the sight of our axes. i descend to the first level and make short work of the next two guards

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/0cO1nXQ.png[timg]

o poo poo!! this could be real bad. all the !'s are 'sounds' that your character hears. around the corner there's probably 10 kobolds waiting to murk me

turns out it was just two kobolds in the midst of a domestic dispute

the next level lead into the caverns, but we couldnt advance and further because the stairs were flooded.

with the task of kobold cleansing complete, we head out of the cave and find a place to make camp.

i ended up icing enough creatures to get a title

here's a cool armok vision rendering of a river canyon and one of its tributaries meeting up with the main river.

----

that's all for this update. im about 1/8th of the way to my destination, and now that i have some fame and respect i can recruit more units into my party before being told to gently caress off, so names for dwarfing are available. is there anything specific in adventure mode that people would want to see? i can try to showcase it in one of the next updates

This is loving awesome

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Adventure mode is so epic and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

that is so badass. I've tried to start an adventurer and make the trip from the mountainhomes to a fort I had created before, but it never worked out because I always got sidetracked or died horribly. definitely going to try it again sometime.

• Locked thread