Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Adventurer mode is awesome. The detailed damage model lets you do wacky stuff like slice a dudes head off and throw it at his fleeing buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Larry Parrish posted:

Adventurer mode is awesome. The detailed damage model lets you do wacky stuff like slice a dudes head off and throw it at his fleeing buddy

theres a few reactions that got added so you can make jewelry and totems out of their bones. you can wear their skin too if you play as an evil race

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I think this might have changed recently but you used to be able to get so good at throwing that you could chuck water at people​ and the force would cut off their heads.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Casualfences Year 3, Ghosts and Griffons

it's my turn! it took me a second to get the layout and adjust to a tile set i wasn't familiar with. Is that like a weird underground forest? I dunno. First things first

A wretch showed up and starts kicking rear end!

But it dies eventually without harming anyone too bad.

A griffon showed up with the first arrival of spring migrants. and they don't do well against it.

except for this extremely epic kid

but it's starting to look like a bloodbath, time to send in the Twisted Psychopaths!

Everyone squads up.

Everyone heads out to the location of the migrants mostly intact corpses for a fight. One of the dies to a bird or something on the way there. When they finally arrive the remaining living migrants are saved. The griffon, however, has left. The two squads hang around for a few days to wait the griffon out. But they return once the griffon fails to show back up.

The rest of spring goes by uneventfully- except for a brief fire sprite attack on the fortress entrance in early summer:

And a stray turtle saves the fortress.

In summer our first trading group arrived:

During their stay Niggurath starts producing masterworks in mass. They don't have anything really interesting to trade so I just move some simple crafts for additional material bars.

Show some work ethic Rediscover!

The human traders are still around when Munchables is relected mayor of the fort He instantly imposes a ban on exporting breastplates of any kind, which he will renew at the end of the year.

When the human traders leave things calm back down. During the autumn two things happen:

First, the fortress is visited by an official from the mountain home:

He comes with good news.

Munchables is asked to pick a representative from our fortress to send to the mountainhome. After going through a short list of reccomendations, Munchables decides that "Small Retard Larry" will be the best candidate for the job.

We also secure a trade deal for more armor and weapons for the following year. The griffon may have flew off for now, but with a growing population we'll probably need more weapons for bigger threats. Around this time the ghosts of the dead, unburied, migrants- along with the ghost of several dead dwarves, start to rise from their graves and become semi annoying.

They start possessing people like crazy!

One ghost possesses a child and uses his body to take over a craftsmandwarfs area.

The possessed child then makes one of these in about 2 days. The ghost now wanders the dormitories to spook people. Speaking of which:

The final project before the spring season was to expand the sleeping area for non-chads. There haven't been any beds put in yet but the rooms should account for all the new arrivals when properly furnished.

That was my year with Imp fortress! I'm going to be uploading the save soon.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

GorfZaplen posted:

I think this might have changed recently but you used to be able to get so good at throwing that you could chuck water at people​ and the force would cut off their heads.

there was also the time a dragon was decapitated with a thrown sock

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
...the power of infinite rotation

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

good adventure post and good year post. i've never gotten properly into adventure mode but it seems amazing

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i fixed the broken image in my post, go back and read it if you want the imp zone adventure directors cut

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im the yeti

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sorry guys, im gonna have to bow out, i havnt had enough time to know how to play the gme. gl all

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
year four zip https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_5CZ67m09WgN0JJazFOczN2Q0U

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
time to see what the capable imps before me have left to my tender and loving care

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Robot Randy posted:

time to see what the capable imps before me have left to my tender and loving care

Lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robot Randy posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Robot Randy posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Now who's responsible for this? *picks something up off the ground with tweezers* Is this... a Dunkin Donuts sprinkle?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess that would explain why they were moving so slow towards the end

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Robot Randy posted:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Robot Randy posted:

Lmbo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lmao

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
gonna try to get an update out tonight or tomorrow, ive played about an hour but the game's been unpaused for a week at most

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
im not gonna be able to finish my turn because im a retard and left my laptop at my parents and i wont be able to get it back until the end of this week

throw my dwarf into the volcano as penance for my transgressions

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
actually ima try and go and get it tonight, if i dont have the year finished by tuesday night ill bow out

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
OKAY i got my laptop backill post spring-summer tomorrow morning and autumn-winter later that night

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Dont give up, give us what you got whenever you get it. We can wait

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
fort updaate year 5

NO loving DRINKS

setting jewels to be cut automatically. dfhack adds the option in o-W. even if theres no crafts made by the time traders show up this will help since cut gems are 10-300 bucks a pop

fort entrance is wide open, gonna build a kennels for warbeasts and a drawbridge

gonna build the forges and a minecart track here. the crater is also going to be the future site of a temple to the god of mountains, who manifests as a wind hound

set up some stills to deal with prior retardation

built some bigger farm plots in the caves

rounding out the ranks

the mountainhomes have finalized their decision for causalfences to be made a barony

lil retard found his security blanket

since he's baron larry thinks he deserves frivolities such as 'reasonable living space'. we'll put that on the backburner for now

HE NEEDS SPLINTS

some retard built a cistern and then filled it with stagnant water! what the gently caress!!!

human thief shows up. sent the nice guys after him and he skedaddled

trogs in the tunnels. mushroom caps over a lake arent the safest place to fight

bolverkur doin work

lost 4 combatants, all morons who jumped off the mushroom trying to dodge attacks. theyre now being flayed alive by cave fish

humans arrive. i buy all their logs and booze

kid starts a mood. what could he make?

not bad, not good. even though artifacts get huge 'bone'uses to their material properties the helm is still worse than a standard quality iron helm

this idiot decided to go to sleep in the caverns when he was thirsty and died of dehydration on his way back up to the fort

larry mandates splints, yet again

the second cavern layer is completely barren of wood and plants. the mud is fertile and good for farming but the lack of wood is starting to become a real issue

setting up space for magma forges and smelters. these use magma instead of wood to smelt/forge metals, but you still need to use coke to get things hot enough for steel production. this will help the wood problem but it wont completely solve it

need to do something about the framerate. a good way to fix this is to dump useless objects and beings into magma.

o fuk

i think someone fell in while building the temple. at least they were kind enough to tell us where the adamantine spire was while their face was being melted.

the yellow poo poo is lava mist, aka bad news

another miner died. i sent a few down the passage to the second cavern layer to mine out veins and gemstones and one of the idiots destroyed the ramp back up so now theyre racing against time to get an alternate path carved out

Robot Randy fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 11, 2017

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'd like a dwarf please

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I knew making Larry a baron would work out

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Robot Randy posted:

bolverkur doin work

awesome. just got off work and wish it was that rad

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

also i am deeply humbled and honored to be the militia commander of Casualfences of the Factory of Laughs

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

GorfZaplen posted:

I'd like a dwarf please

ok but i cant guarantee that you wont be sacrificed to the mountain god

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I was trying the kobold race. Imagine a bunch of small lizard men trying their best to shank a werewolves legs to death.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I had to fill the cisterns with pond water, there was nothing else!!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I suppose I could have purified it by pumping it but nahh lol

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hihohe posted:

I was trying the kobold race. Imagine a bunch of small lizard men trying their best to shank a werewolves legs to death.

the alt races in masterwork are pretty cool, like the warlocks. weird necromancer dudes who control a legion of undead who do all the menial work and can build a giant library for weird spell crap

imagine larry as an idiot ghoul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Johnny Joestar posted:

the alt races in masterwork are pretty cool, like the warlocks. weird necromancer dudes who control a legion of undead who do all the menial work and can build a giant library for weird spell crap

imagine larry as an idiot ghoul

I don't have to imagine. In my game Larry got infected and bit everyone and killed and ate everyone and wormskull turned into a ghost to haunt him but Larry was undying because hunger reset with every time he turned into a Wereskink and would attack migrants and traders and lived about 1000 years before a hero came and killed him and the legend of Larry the wereskink is on coins and books and songs throughout the land now.

• Locked thread