Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is it gonna matter if I start up tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah the ralp turn

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will be ready for my turn for sure Average Bear

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought two bears from elves on my game and now I have two war bears

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also a piece of dolomite woke up and started attacking people, but everyone kicked its rear end until it threw up mud everywhere. Now it's just running around my fort not bothering anyone and no one caring enough to kill it lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay it's my fort now

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looks like everyone who asked to be name is already so!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well you're all still alive, can't say as much for the new arrivals

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Casualfences Year 3, Ghosts and Griffons

it's my turn! it took me a second to get the layout and adjust to a tile set i wasn't familiar with. Is that like a weird underground forest? I dunno. First things first

A wretch showed up and starts kicking rear end!

But it dies eventually without harming anyone too bad.

A griffon showed up with the first arrival of spring migrants. and they don't do well against it.

except for this extremely epic kid

but it's starting to look like a bloodbath, time to send in the Twisted Psychopaths!

Everyone squads up.

Everyone heads out to the location of the migrants mostly intact corpses for a fight. One of the dies to a bird or something on the way there. When they finally arrive the remaining living migrants are saved. The griffon, however, has left. The two squads hang around for a few days to wait the griffon out. But they return once the griffon fails to show back up.

The rest of spring goes by uneventfully- except for a brief fire sprite attack on the fortress entrance in early summer:

And a stray turtle saves the fortress.

In summer our first trading group arrived:

During their stay Niggurath starts producing masterworks in mass. They don't have anything really interesting to trade so I just move some simple crafts for additional material bars.

Show some work ethic Rediscover!

The human traders are still around when Munchables is relected mayor of the fort He instantly imposes a ban on exporting breastplates of any kind, which he will renew at the end of the year.

When the human traders leave things calm back down. During the autumn two things happen:

First, the fortress is visited by an official from the mountain home:

He comes with good news.

Munchables is asked to pick a representative from our fortress to send to the mountainhome. After going through a short list of reccomendations, Munchables decides that "Small Retard Larry" will be the best candidate for the job.

We also secure a trade deal for more armor and weapons for the following year. The griffon may have flew off for now, but with a growing population we'll probably need more weapons for bigger threats. Around this time the ghosts of the dead, unburied, migrants- along with the ghost of several dead dwarves, start to rise from their graves and become semi annoying.

They start possessing people like crazy!

One ghost possesses a child and uses his body to take over a craftsmandwarfs area.

The possessed child then makes one of these in about 2 days. The ghost now wanders the dormitories to spook people. Speaking of which:

The final project before the spring season was to expand the sleeping area for non-chads. There haven't been any beds put in yet but the rooms should account for all the new arrivals when properly furnished.

That was my year with Imp fortress! I'm going to be uploading the save soon.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
...the power of infinite rotation

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
year four zip https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_5CZ67m09WgN0JJazFOczN2Q0U

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess that would explain why they were moving so slow towards the end

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I knew making Larry a baron would work out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

I don't have to imagine. In my game Larry got infected and bit everyone and killed and ate everyone and wormskull turned into a ghost to haunt him but Larry was undying because hunger reset with every time he turned into a Wereskink and would attack migrants and traders and lived about 1000 years before a hero came and killed him and the legend of Larry the wereskink is on coins and books and songs throughout the land now.

Lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait Larry is the leader

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made Larry the leader without realizing it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club