Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!
Request sent as Rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Phyresis posted:

I'm looking for your request applications but this guild interface is a nightmare. like its deliberately designed to drive you insane. it is literally the worst guild interface i have ever dealt with

keep resending the requests

I would love to, but I can't cancel it apparently. I click cancel to re-send it and it won't cancel. :(

I literally cannot even search for a different alliance or anything. The alliance tab is useless to me currently. But it updated to say that you did get to invite SOME people into the alliance. :(

E: In game name is the same as my posting: DrowningRabbit

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 27, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Just got to league 3 over lunch and immediately dismantled a Tommy player. That was incredibly satisfying.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
If I remember to actually try to save up enough power, you can juggle someone for a while with M.Zack -- it's pretty fun.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
The higher up I go the more OG Jasons I run into. He can be total bullshit at times, just nonstop Breaker over and over like wtf roll the other attack sometime you toolbag

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I would love to, but I can't cancel it apparently. I click cancel to re-send it and it won't cancel. :(

I literally cannot even search for a different alliance or anything. The alliance tab is useless to me currently. But it updated to say that you did get to invite SOME people into the alliance. :(

E: In game name is the same as my posting: DrowningRabbit

your poo poo is hosed. Can you screenshot what's going on? you like got in the Alliance.. but you're not? you're stuck in limbo or something

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Yeah um I'm switching to OG Jason

I've been doing well with him so far, you just need a Block in the pocket and counter -> either Special for MASSIVE damage look at that damage value :staredog:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't think I spent a thousand coins yet, let alone enough to upgrade that many levels for a character.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So I just accidentally went to league 2. Does that mean I hosed up and will never get those 2 epics?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Snowmankilla posted:

So I just accidentally went to league 2. Does that mean I hosed up and will never get those 2 epics?

Nope, shards can show up in any higher tier boxes as well

Tommy shows up everywhere he's just Rare

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I forgot to mention an important tidbit: the game heavily weights new shard drops to give you shards from your lowest levelled Ranger OF THAT RARITY. Say all of your Rares are level 3 and you hit League III and unlock Goldar Assist. When you get Rare shards out of any of the different boxes they are much more likely to be Goldar Assist shards than your level 3 Rares. This is becoming the industry standard for this style of F2P game for obvious reasons: otherwise new playable characters would be forever behind in levels

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The main trouble I'm having with M.Zack is that a lot of his moves are short range and smarter people dash away from most of it. Although that's partly because I don't know my own/other people's movesets very well.

Also not sure which assists to use to compliment him. OG Trin is pretty amazing, I will say.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Dreylad posted:

The main trouble I'm having with M.Zack is that a lot of his moves are short range and smarter people dash away from most of it. Although that's partly because I don't know my own/other people's movesets very well.

Also not sure which assists to use to compliment him. OG Trin is pretty amazing, I will say.

I'm not savvy on ranger names but I use the pink ranger with the bow shot and the blue ranger with the throwing shield. Both help shore up M.Zack's weaknesses in a big way and helps me create space.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

yo if you don't know that the original Pink Ranger is named Kimberly then i can't even

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I never watched the original show, or any of the shows really.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
so i just pulled blue ranger from dino charge (koda) - need 9 more shards but man he looks like he's got some gumption

ofc i really want Psycho Red but lmao league V and also legendary

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Phyresis posted:

your poo poo is hosed. Can you screenshot what's going on? you like got in the Alliance.. but you're not? you're stuck in limbo or something
My request is in, but I'm not.

I can see a pending request, and I know last night there were 18 people in the alliance, and now there are over 20.

I can't cancel my request, or search for a new alliance or interact with anything other than seeing the current alliance roster.

I sent a support email about it, we'll see if that bears any fruit. This sucks right now.

E: For game stuff, I found that... movie kim? I believe is a pretty cool assist. She jumps over projectiles and dive kicks them from a full screen length. Also, she is one of my hardest hitting assists right now.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
This is what I got on the Alliances tab for those curious:

Cannot click anything but on the Alliance name to see the roster.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Better to build up a team? Or get everything to lv 2 for xp?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Donate everything to get to player level 3.

If five people put up Jason Lee Scott (Assist) to donate, I can gain a level. You don't have to donate so much, but I have lots of junk to handle requests.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 28, 2017

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
So now I've applied to the Beetleborgs and I can't cancel to reapply (since it's obvious that it didn't go through).

I'm stuck in alliance hell. :v:

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
Kat is pretty frustrating to play against tommy. even his strikes with long startups beat my 2 cost strikes i dunno what the hell is up with that. My OG billy is 4 and I'm getting alot more mileage out of him. I dunno if I could do a big ol write up with him, i'll have to do more work with him.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
gently caress Tommy. I have to stay in his face so he won't push me back too far near the corner that his slow earthquake will always hit me. I finally got a Perfect. No achievement for that.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
I will say kicking tommy's rear end as billy is the most satisfying thing ever. gently caress you and your stupid rear end ponytail too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Looks like Big Bad Beetleborgs is closed to me. Idk why.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
fyi the fun factor increases 1000% when you plug in your headphone into a computer with this playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFY613ho1lk

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Xelkelvos posted:

Looks like Big Bad Beetleborgs is closed to me. Idk why.

i closed it temporarily to try to sort out the glitched invites. i can open it again for you or anyone else when you're around

polish sausage posted:

Kat is pretty frustrating to play against tommy. even his strikes with long startups beat my 2 cost strikes i dunno what the hell is up with that. My OG billy is 4 and I'm getting alot more mileage out of him. I dunno if I could do a big ol write up with him, i'll have to do more work with him.

Tommy has a very good matchup against Kat, she's almost free for him. I've been eating Tommy alive with OG Jason, explains why the Tommies have all but disappeared as I approach T5

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 28, 2017

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I applied as Dee.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Kortel posted:

I applied as Dee.

The invites were cancelled and right now the Alliance is closed, I'm not sure what the status of your application is. Have I mentioned that I really hate this guild interface? You may have joined the other Big Bad Beetleborgs, the pub one. Ours is 39dbdd6a, I'm the Mentor and we have a message about Treacheron would never betray me

I'm opening the Alliance to invites again I guess, grab the shovels cuz we're about to get a flood of purple messages that we gotta trash

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 28, 2017

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Ok so far I've made Windborn, CascadeBeta, Rafza, Deodytus, and Filetofish officers who can accept and reject invitation requests. I have no idea who you are but you guys post and actually play and are laddering up so yeah. Mostly to help me clear out these drat requests.

OG Jason is so good. Unfortunately you don't unlock him until you hit League IV, which if you click the hexagonal icon directly to the left of the Battle! button you'll see is at 1700 MMR, but the good news is he is a Common and very easy to obtain. Jason is an Attacker with a decent Health pool. His strength lies in his two Special attacks, which utilize the Power Sword from the old show. His Primary attacks are not good except to set up the sword Specials, which are very, very good. The sword reaches extremely far, especially on the dash special, T-Rex Takedown, and since it's a sword, it is very hard to strike him back - the sword always wins clashes (unless they get a real fast attack out while you're still in the windup animation, of course.) You aren't stuffing a god drat SWORD with your dumb punch, M.Zack. His sole Breaker is INSANE. It's by far his best move and he relies on it heavily. The damage on it is just loving ridiculous. On Level 6 Jason, Level 4 Rising Power Slash does 336 unblockable damage. Jason lofts the Power Sword into the air, striking a quick pose (extremely long windup animation) before doing an underhand swing / uppercut slash - basically a sword shoryuken. Marth's up + B move? I'm sure there's a better analogy but the important thing is that it has a surprisingly long horizontal reach as well, I think it extends past the actual sword model a tiny bit. Block -> RPS is a common thing to do... it's trivial to chain another one after the first if it comes up again, or a T-Rex Takedown, which is basically game over at that point either way. Quite often I'll Block -> RPS -> RPS and then roll around for just a few seconds while they are standing up, Block -> RPS and that's gaaaaaame

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.

Phyresis posted:

I've seen on reddit that there is currently a bug with alliances that you cannot cancel a request yourself. The alliance leader has to cancel it, and until they do you cannot request to join any other alliances. Lots of pubbies complaining about it.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hi here's my patented "Koda is Really Good And You Should Play Him" post:

Koda (Attacker) is all about stuns and combos; he comes with two breaker moves and two striker moves; one of each color for both attack slots.

• Capoeira Combo (striker) hits something like five times for decent damage, but each hit is staggered out which leaves you very vulnerable to blocks
  • Half Moon Kick (breaker) comes out just about as fast as Tommy's breaker, which means it stuffs other breakers usually if timed properly (and can even stuff some striker moves! rarely)
  • Shield Slam (breaker) is a two hit Special Breaker that carries Koda over, up, then down; it's got medium reach but slow wind up
  • Shield Toss (striker) is a ranged strike attack that stuns, allowing you to tag a mistimed, poorly spaced attack and then close gaps

combine all of that with a decent 150 health at level 1 and you've got a character designed slowly but surely whittle your opponent down. He has an answer at every range, especially combined with Xandred for that extra shield (since attackers generate less shields). his secret? timer scamming

all of his abilities, once hit confirmed, rob time from the match due to how long these animations play out, and all of them carry/throw/shove or stun your opponent. if your opponent gets in too close and doesn't have a shield, CC will throw them back to the other side of the arena after a nearly 5 second long attack animation. ST on confirm can keep them there while you space appropriately, and HMK or SS can punish bad blocks (and send them back to the other side of the arena).

his third assist slot i'm still working on; i kind of like OGTrina to, again, shove people against the wall and keep them there, and it combos nicely after pretty much everything, but I could see worth in Rita or some sort of launcher assist.

my strategy has been to literally shove people away and play defensively. some rushdown characters you can't do this against (tommy . . .) but pretty much every match i've played has gone to time or close to it

i'm going to be dumping my orbs and materials into koda to power him up, because i think he has the potential to put out nearly as much damage as tommy at equivalent levels while having a more well rounded kit

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Koda is really good, Shield Slam is one of the best Breakers in the game. It's just ridic, his toolkit is sick. I have to go HAM on Koda and catch him by surprise to win. I have to bait out the blocks AND dodge the immediate Shield Slam followup or maybe he'll throw out Trini or Xandred instead aghh it's a lot of work

I haven't talked much about OG Billy but he's a contender for best Defender in the game, maybe even best Leader period. All of his attack animations are so quick that they will win most clashes and you just gotta turtle up. A good Billy is a nightmare to deal with, I have to bait him into Breaker range but he knows that so he's always pushing me back

Xandred is basically necessary for Attackers as another defensive option. Heck, I'd run M.Billy assist as well if I could friggin unlock it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm Windborn, doing what I can to thin the herd!

I think I'm going to focus more on Koda now. I'm getting picked apart as Tommy more and more recently. Movie Zach just decimates me for some reason.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 28, 2017

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Phyresis posted:

Koda is really good, Shield Slam is one of the best Breakers in the game. It's just ridic, his toolkit is sick. I have to go HAM on Koda and catch him by surprise to win. I have to bait out the blocks AND dodge the immediate Shield Slam followup or maybe he'll throw out Trini or Xandred instead aghh it's a lot of work

I haven't talked much about OG Billy but he's a contender for best Defender in the game, maybe even best Leader period. All of his attack animations are so quick that they will win most clashes and you just gotta turtle up. A good Billy is a nightmare to deal with, I have to bait him into Breaker range but he knows that so he's always pushing me back

Xandred is basically necessary for Attackers as another defensive option. Heck, I'd run M.Billy assist as well if I could friggin unlock it

Didn't you say like a page ago that OG Billy was poo poo and you hated him?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I hate Billy's so much.
Just made it to level 3 and finally winning my fights. Kat is so good as Leader and I appreciate her donations.
Donating to blue outlines on Leaders give you 10XP and $5. That got me over the level.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Is it super laggy at the moment for anyone else? Just had a game where everything I pressed registered about 2 seconds after ;/

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Didn't you say like a page ago that OG Billy was poo poo and you hated him?

nah I said he was a staple I was just trying to discourage people from playing him so I don't have to fight as many

but I was totally wrong about Kat being comparable, her windup animations are simply too long. Billy's lightning quick

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Scalding Coffee posted:

I hate Billy's so much.
Just made it to level 3 and finally winning my fights. Kat is so good as Leader and I appreciate her donations.
Donating to blue outlines on Leaders give you 10XP and $5. That got me over the level.

WIsh I was not in alliance hell. I would love some free shards to level some dudes and offload all these doubles of characters I care nothing about.

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.

Phyresis posted:

nah I said he was a staple I was just trying to discourage people from playing him so I don't have to fight as many

but I was totally wrong about Kat being comparable, her windup animations are simply too long. Billy's lightning quick

Kat's tai chi has a really quick first hit animation, if I see it on my bar as the match starts I nearly always get the first hit. It is however easy to block halfway through as its a multi attack. Her palm attack has a long wind up but suprising range and knockback. The shield spin is where most of your damage comes from. My usual combo is to block, throw a fireball and follow it up with a shield spin. It's guaranteed to get them right in their corner and does great damage. Then you can keep the pressure up and pummel them in the corner or back off and charge up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
really wish i could request koda shards

yall should feed me koda shards so i can be the best koda ever

• Locked thread