Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Zedd is some wacky bullshit if you can get ahold of him. Unfortunately, he has a real hard time with OG Red and movie Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

M. Trini is definitely better with her Kick and Ground Pound buffs but still lacks the tools to open people up. Of course, once you do GP does a gently caress ton of damage.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 16, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

Zedd is some wacky bullshit if you can get ahold of him. Unfortunately, he has a real hard time with OG Red and movie Black.

His counter was/is unfair/bugged. Like it hits really quick even if you don't attack into it. I haven't faced a zedd since patch day so I don't know if that's still the case.

The old staples are all still solid. All the pink rangers are good to great. Movie Blue seemed really interesting but I couldn't get the hang of him. OG Blue is still good.

The gray samurai robot (I always forget his name) is super bizarre. He has a feint attack that's a strike not a counter and a very slow projectile attack. He doesn't seem very good for what little I've played against him. Same with leader Goldar.

Assists are still about what you expect, but Goldar seems to start farther back if you're not pinned in the corner. Xanath seems still very solid. An extra block matters way more now as an attacker/balanced character, even if he is worse. It's a step in the right direction of "use what assists benefit your leader" rather than use the two best.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hey I uninstalled and forgot to leave the clan so if you haven't kicked me for inactivity already, feel free.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Okay thanks for the heads up! I'm going to clean out the guild tonight so if you haven't said something in the in game chat, do so!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tried joining as Stig, but, it appears to be full.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Same, with the same name as here.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fat Samurai posted:

Same, with the same name as here.

Ok, well, I made an overflow group, Goon Force (id: f6fa8fef), with the description "Our Zords are fight"
So, if anyone is still installing the game and wants in, post the game name here and all that.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I was going to kick some idles but then I became an idle as well when I got super busy. Sorry, I can promote someone to gm if they want.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
IGN is GorgonGlance. I want in whichever Goon Guild has space.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Has the meta changed at all at higher MMR (mid-3000's+)? I'm in the ~2900 shitter tier and nothing has really changed since the patch. 2017 Black, MMPR Jason are common as hell, and Goldar/Xandred are being used a lot as assists. I do see Danny more as a main ranger, though.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

IGN is GorgonGlance. I want in whichever Goon Guild has space.

Goon Force is still wide open. I don't know if there's a way for me to invite people, or if people have to request to join. Either way, it's open.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Uninstalled today. I really wanted to love the game but the lovely netcode makes it impossible to be competitive in the 3k+ bracket unless you have great latency. Feel free to remove Stacker from guild if you need the space.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I hit 3400 after taking a break and the only fustrating thing is cheesers just running away/trying to pushback all match and assist spam. Very rare to find someone playing legit. RNG fucks me alot with no defends and moves not hitting whern they should. The dumbest thing is I still only have the starter 6 leaders and haven't even gotten one shard from any others. Combined with crappy match payouts, hat's gonna kill the game. I have every assist but Zedd, Tommy, and Psycho Red. How is this possible. The boxes are worse than the one's in Gears of War 4. Every single one isn't worth it and combined with the complete destruction of the orb system makes them even worse. Then the top of leaderboards and the most popular guy is just a huge whale that isn't even that good mechanically.

Here's the stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138020435

RBX fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 25, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've noticed the "attacks not hitting" thing, definitely grinds my gears, especially when it should have hit, doesn't, and then they land a finishing blow on me with the move my attack should have interrupted.

Also, is it just me, or is Kat/Pink Zeo ranger a beast when it comes to attack power? I've been up against a few of her, and her diving shield attack thing hits me like a truck every time.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

RBX posted:

I hit 3400 after taking a break and the only fustrating thing is cheesers just running away/trying to pushback all match and assist spam. Very rare to find someone playing legit.
I recently hit 3400-3500 as well, and this is the worst. You know that if you attack first, they're just going to counter your strike or breaker, but on the other hand, you're tempted to make a move just so you can try to actually play the game.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I'm done. Quit the Goon group and uninstalled. I just couldn't be assed to start it up to open crates and continue my bouncing between 2000 and 2100.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

NEW PATCH DROPPED:
Better drop rewards
Tweaked medal rates
Dropped dash pushing further because gently caress dash pushing I ain't playing fruit ninja.
OG Red and M.Zack nerfs
Friendly matches! You can challenge people in your alliance!

This game seems dead on SA but they appear to still be tweaking it and listening to feedback.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What exactly did they change about those two?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

From their site:
M. Zack

One Two Combo
– 25% on final hit
Slower startup time
Bug: fix range accuracy to the animation

Daredevil Chain
Recovery branching moved from 123 to 135 frames

Rolling Thunder
– 20% damage

OG Jason
T-Rex Takedown
– 20% damage
Slower startup time
Bug: Dash branch changed from 29 to 30

Would have liked to see OG Jason's Breaker slowed a bit but good changes otherwise.

batwang
May 15, 2002

I call on Cardassians everywhere to rise up. Rise up and join me, I need you to be my army. If we stand together, nothing, can oppose us. Freedom is ours, for the taking!

Xand_Man posted:

NEW PATCH DROPPED:
Better drop rewards
Tweaked medal rates
Dropped dash pushing further because gently caress dash pushing I ain't playing fruit ninja.
OG Red and M.Zack nerfs
Friendly matches! You can challenge people in your alliance!

This game seems dead on SA but they appear to still be tweaking it and listening to feedback.

OG Red nerf, what am i supposed to do now?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Who is still playing this in the 2 alliances? Looks like just me and Neuro are active in Beetleborgs. It'd be a shame to see this die; the meta keeps evolving and matches are way more fun now that dashpushes got nerfed into the ground.

Wanna get some goon matches in.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I mean I still play but it doesn't hold my attention as long the higher I go. I'm in the 3700s now and every game Wild Force Black cheese or Xandred, Dino Charge Purple, or MMPR Red. And they're only played because playing anybody else is almost guaranteed a loss. Until they change strikes being able to be blocked mid combo most of the cast is trash and all characters can't even use their full moveset in a match without being punished.

Not even getting into the blatant selling of overpowered characters only to nerf them after or characters being so rare in the first place. The only new leader I've gotten is Movie Blue and I had to buy his two shards from the store this morning. I'm no where near actually unlocking him.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I've kind of checked out once Beetleborgs was down to like 3 active members before the balance patch. I tried somewhat recently to try after that patch and found it was still more of the same. Movie Zack was still everywhere, but now it was MMPR Kim if I recall that was just dominating.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

RBX posted:

I mean I still play but it doesn't hold my attention as long the higher I go. I'm in the 3700s now and every game Wild Force Black cheese or Xandred, Dino Charge Purple, or MMPR Red. And they're only played because playing anybody else is almost guaranteed a loss.
Ehh. There are a lot of viable characters; I commonly see 2017 Yellow, 2017 Blue, Lauren, Gia, Psycho Red, Kendall, Xandred, and Danny. This is in the 5700 range, but this game doesn't have proper MMR bracketing, so I'll get matched with 4500s all the way to the 20000s a-la wolfthunderranger. They do need to change blocks a little, and Kendall/Xandred need nerfs, but the bigger issue currently is invincibility frames. Depending on the move, you can almost always iframe out of it and punish your opponent for doing something other than standing there. See: bullshit like this.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

2017 Yellow and Blue are gimmicks that can easily be beaten, Laruen and Gia are in the same tier as Xandred and Kendall. Nobody knows about Psycho Red because hardly anybody has him. I have no problems with i-frames because its the oinly way to counter some of the cheese or when you have no blocks. Also it costs energy to preform so it has some drawback. You don't have to fight like that, people in the high tier do because they're mostly whales that are actually bad.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

RBX posted:

2017 Yellow and Blue are gimmicks that can easily be beaten, Laruen and Gia are in the same tier as Xandred and Kendall. Nobody knows about Psycho Red because hardly anybody has him. I have no problems with i-frames because its the oinly way to counter some of the cheese or when you have no blocks. Also it costs energy to preform so it has some drawback. You don't have to fight like that, people in the high tier do because they're mostly whales that are actually bad.
That makes no sense. Iframes are an "advanced" technique, in that they're not explained in-game and you have to know the timing of whatever move your opponent is using. A Bad Player would either misuse iframe dodging, or not even know of its existence. You HAVE to use them in higher brackets or you are going to lose every single game. They're basically a core mechanic currently, though they're fortunately being removed. Also, people in high tiers aren't all whales. Everyone in my alliance is 4k or above (15 people are above 5k) and no one that I know of has spent notable money on the game. I mean, I'm 6300 right now and I've spent a whole $15 - and that's only because I had a badass $10 offer a few weeks ago.

I started an alt account because I'm just waiting for season end/new patch - I'm at 3600 or somesuch, and people down here are notoriously bad. I use MMPR Billy (solely F2P and he's all I really have), and I'm not having much of a problem beating most people despite the fact that most of them have 1100-1300 hp to my 860. No one seems to know how to move cycle, they constantly let themselves get cornered, don't bait, etc.

For instance, nearly every Kendall I've faced will use Plesio Slide as soon as its avaliable to them. If they use their breaker or block (these are the only other things that can roll on the slot where Plesio Slide lives), I'll back up, see if they chase, and throw up a block if they do. 9 out of 10 times they're rushing because they want to corner me to slide. At higher brackets, Kendalls will avoid tells, so you have no idea when their slide is up or not. She's still cheese as gently caress, but her slide is significantly less powerful if you can block it and throw her into a combo.

I'm not really sure how Movie Yellow and Blue qualify as "gimmicks"? Their movesets are pretty standard, and if you think Movie Blue is an easy win, you haven't played a good one. He's pretty brutal. Gia is nothing like Lauren, Xandred, Kendall, or Psycho Red. She's usually easy to beat because her strikes are stupid easy to block and send her into stagger. Her main advantage is the huge range on her breaker, and the fact that it launches. Psycho Red is pretty much a loss if he gets you into any sort of combo - he's way worse than Gia. Also, Gia and Psycho Red are both legendary, so their rarity technically isn't any different.

-Inu- fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 29, 2017

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I-frames are in every fighter in some way so seeing them here wasn't a surprise. They also used all or half of someone's energy I don't see how that made them overpowered.

Right now I don't like how the patch sounds. There was some skill to timing moves to beat moves they shouldn't. Now it seems like timing isn't event a factor anymore and a straight RPD does not sound fun at all. The whole patch sounds kinda lazy. There were a few specific things they could've changed instead.

Blue and Yellow are gimmicks in the sense of they rely on you doing one thing to win. With 2017 it's not sliding back on her breaker and with Blue it's don't get close. If you do those they can't really win or break your blocks.

I agree on preying on players tendencies. Thats usually how I play ideas of coming in with some strat.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

RBX posted:

I-frames are in every fighter in some way so seeing them here wasn't a surprise. They also used all or half of someone's energy I don't see how that made them overpowered.
They weren't necessarily overpowered - they just made playing the game more annoying. Using energy isn't really an issue because it either A) guarantees a breaker is going to hit, or B) your opponent is going to have to burn 10 as well. For instance, it punished you for bringing out Lauren assist (or any slow breaker) first. If you throw Lauren, they're going to avoid it with their Lauren, which means you have to eat the attack, or iframe dodge it and hope to god they mess up throwing up their 2nd iframe dodge (they usually don't, which means you eat the attack anyway). Again, see this. Most games tend to just be "who can abuse iframes most".

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Or you could just slide back and counter with a non assist? Nobody is even in a corner in that clip so all that was unesscary. I don't see why I would play the assist battle knowing I have a energy advantage.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

He would have gotten hit by my Lauren if he had tried to dash back. Also, dashing back would have cornered him and put him at a disadvantage. If his mocking blow wasn't up (it wasn't), he had no other choice, because using a striker against Xandred is a good way to gently caress yourself. In terms of me moving back, getting a guaranteed Lauren strike on him was the best move I could have made in that situation.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You could have used your strike, ate some damage or use that block move, I don't have him so I have no idea what that really does. Hell like I said you could have scooted back and started your strike into his combo. Y'all both were so scared of maybe taking damage with all that HP that nobody thought about all their options.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

RBX posted:

You could have used your strike, ate some damage or use that block move, I don't have him so I have no idea what that really does. Hell like I said you could have scooted back and started your strike into his combo. Y'all both were so scared of maybe taking damage with all that HP that nobody thought about all their options.
The problem with all of that is you have to play extremely safe Xand vs Xand. I normally play Xandred extremely aggressively against other heroes because the "sit around and do nothing" is cheap and boring as gently caress to me, but the mirror match has a strategy of its own. He has at least one block avaliable 99% of the time, so using the strike had a high likelihood of him blocking it and staggering me (Master's Fury is 3 swings, so it's extremely easy to block). If I had been staggered, he would have went into a combo, dealt a ton of damage, and backed me into a corner, at which point it's almost impossible to recover and usually a guaranteed loss. If I had used the strike and he countered with Mocking Slash, I could have then countered that with my own Mocking Slash and launched him, which would have put me in a good situation - but it's very risky.

On a side note, gently caress this noise:

On another side note, I hit L7 on my alt earlier and got this insane offer:

I had no plans nor desire to spend money on a stupid alt account, but the gambler in me just couldn't pass that up. My alt now officially has 3 epic and 1 legendary leader. My main has none :smith:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I've been waiting on this patch to actually try again but I haven't seen a date anywhere I've searched and i'm close to hitting 4000. But everytime I play now it's WF Black or Rita or DC Purple. Rita is pretty egregious and I don't know how she's allowed.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

The new season starts in a day. They've historically done patches on season resets, so I'd guess almost for sure that it will be tomorrow.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This patch is great. At 4400 right now using Zeo Pink, MMPR Green and Movie Blue. MMPR Red feels better. Matches have way more action and mind games. I was completely wrong about the patch.

RBX fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 2, 2017

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Jumped in on this game a couple days ago. Decided i got :10bux: worth.
Now I have the mmpr White Ranger, Zeo Pink, Snide, and Dino purple. Game got a lot better when i got a not starter hero. And now it's more fun since the aforementioned goobers all have fun and different styles.

WR has kind of ridiculous range for most of his moves. But defeating dudes with a kick to the chest never gets old. Also fighting Zed with goldar/rita supports as WR with og Red and Blue supports is probably the best match ill ever have.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Finally got to 4k. I was the only level 3 person I saw in the last stretch of medals there, but the achievo bumped me up to 4 for reaching league 7. Snide is still really good, though I had to switch out rita for another guard break since Im running into A) Xander and B) people spamming the 2017 black/blue assist(i dont remember which, blue is pretty dark) to counter constantly.

Starting to see the disparity of levels but I think i can still advance a bit because there's more mmpr green/black(easy) than Xanders and Psycho Reds(ive beaten 1/6 Xans and 0/3 PReds)

Im excited because the next character is my favourite villain from the Sentai series because he flips the rangers the bird multiple times. Even though he was apparently a joke character in the Power Rangers series.
Prince Junior forever.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

4k at level 3 is pretty awesome. Beating Xandred as Snide is going to be pretty tough because Snide's attacks are so slow and play right into Xand's block-counter launch. 2017 Blue is the one that counters strikes; 2017 Black is the breaker that launches you.

On a side note, here's a fun case study in rng:

My alt account is a little over 3 weeks old and is completely F2P (other than one time that I bought an ultra box deal). My main is from around the release of the game and I've probably spent $30-35 on that one. Kind of sucks, because the heroes I enjoy playing most are on my alt, but at least I can play them I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

No apologies for being a dirty Xandred lover. Has nothing to do with my name, I swear!

Who have people been playing as? I've been enjoying the quests incentivizing me to try out different characters.

Gia's hella fun but seems balanced around her ridiculous stats. So much of her power seems to rest in Saber Whip taking off half someone's health.

Zed seems more viable now that he has a breaker and strikes have been buffed but I haven't messed around with him too much.

• Locked thread