Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peel
Dec 3, 2007

rudatron posted:

Who's the PC

Because nothing's changing without the involvement of the pc of that's the case

trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

Who's the PC

lol u need to read the lessons of vivec

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

and why anyone you talk to seems to have the same things to say

I swear to God if I hear "crazy weather we're having" one more loving time I'm activating godmode and going on a rampage

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

VectorSigma posted:

seriously, sometimes i get a vibe of unevenly allocated simulation resources for most people. finding a person that can carry on a conversation about non-superficial bullshit is becoming rarer and rarer. even most of these so-called "woke" kids are just regurgitating mystical trash without any thought. "whoa isn't it crazy how all these geometric patterns appear in nature, maaaan?" well no poo poo dumbass, that's where we loving found them in the first place.

my fav are people who bill themselves as free thinkers or whatever but all it means is they believe in some conspiracy theories and they'll still get mad as gently caress if you disagree with them

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

zeal posted:

the test is to see what happens when only one of an inhabited planet's sapient species also possesses biology conducive to tool use. you can judge our progress in the simulation by humans' relationship with the elephants, cetaceans and cephalopods

we've failed miserably; trump is a symptom of an abandoned experiment

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

we've failed miserably; trump is a symptom of an abandoned experiment

if God has given up, he's free to empower me to make an even bigger mess of things so he can at least feel a bit better about his own performance

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I keep selecting the wrong dialogue options in all my romantic side quests, now I'll never unlock the sex scenes :(

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I keep selecting the wrong dialogue options in all my romantic side quests, now I'll never unlock the sex scenes :(

you are being sent the wrong actors; it's not the wrong dialogue; it's the wrong side quests

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

let's see, you don't remember your death, or your birth
most of the universe is invisible to you; you are unable to communicate with other intelligent beings although surely they must exist
there are plenty of planets out there like this one, but all of them too far to study up close, and the speed necessary for travel makes it impossible to ever study these planets up close
we are randomly the top of the food chain and the only self aware beings on this planet, yet we don't live very long compared to other life forms on this planet
pretty much anything we gain, we gain at a cost, and anything we lose, there are benefits to losing
we are constantly in need of one another, forcing us to learn cooperation, whether we like it or not, with the exception of the rich who seemingly go insane as a result of being wealthy

this is a simulation, God is real, and they are trolling us

fin

god isn't trolling you, he just lets you do what you want.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
balls. everything is balls.

the earth is a ball and all the other balls are really far away, and atoms are balls and the other balls are really far away. we accept that atoms, smaller balls than us, exist, but we dont accept that there's another set of balls bigger than us.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

it's balls to infinity in either direction

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

anime was right posted:

converse below

op the human brain is actually two brains fighting over each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8

and one part hates you

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

how do i bring up the console?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
No cause I'm not insane lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hey guys i saw this really cool movie called the matrix,,,,,,,,,,

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Top City Homo posted:

and one part hates you

this makes sense of alot!!

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

balls. everything is balls.

the earth is a ball and all the other balls are really far away, and atoms are balls and the other balls are really far away. we accept that atoms, smaller balls than us, exist, but we dont accept that there's another set of balls bigger than us.

ed balls is the light

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Top City Homo posted:

and one part hates you

At first this made me feel bad for my right brain

then I realized that fucker is the source of all my problems

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

if you work in tech or finance, that fucker is the source of all your income

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

if you work in tech or finance, that fucker is the source of all your income

what an autistic mess!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Top City Homo posted:

what an autistic mess!

yep!

Stephen K. Bannon
Mar 8, 2017

by Smythe

Best Giraffe posted:

ed balls is the light

Your gonna see balls of light alright.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
you must not only appreciate it...

you must also perceive it

and if you cannot do that, then you cannot realize the occurrence

namaste, op

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

rudatron posted:

If you only want to interpret things in the simulation metaphor, here you go:

there's this game called the talos principle, where you play a robot in a simulation, it's essentially a portal clone but it's pretty creative itself

anyway, at the center of the map, there's a tower, and the literal god of the simulation tells you not to climb the tower

so of course you do

and at the end, he tells you that of course you were supposed to climb the tower

you find out that the simulation is a program built by people, to evolve a strong ai, after climate change/the apocalypse kills all humans, so that robots can inherit the earth after them

the puzzles are all a test, to see if you can solve problems, but the 'tower' is itself a special kind of test test

a dependent robot doesn't climb the tower, since it doesn't have free will. it just does what it's told to do, doesn't climb the tower, and therefore fails

but an independent robot, one with true Strong AI, proves its independence, by defying its creator

long story short: there's always an 'out', there's always an answer, but it's never going to be handed to you, you have to wrestle it from the hands of the computer god, after you kill it

god is dead, long live man

So, is suicide the tower you're not supposed to climb? :colbert:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

wait, if i got face blindness does that mean my right brain is stupid?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

WarEternal posted:

So, is suicide the tower you're not supposed to climb? :colbert:

no, it's masturbation

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
my right brain is the wacky and wild roommate while my left brain is the smart and has it together responsible one

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

rudatron posted:

Who's the PC

trump!

Stephen K. Bannon
Mar 8, 2017

by Smythe

anime was right posted:

my right brain is the wacky and wild roommate while my left brain is the smart and has it together responsible one

No I'd say you definitely still lose bigly either way.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

All hail Emperor Zinyak

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008
I think most people imagine we're in some kind of high tech simulation that would be it's final form and clearly built for a purpose. I want to posit that maybe we're the lovely beta, a test form being made quickly and run through once just to see if they've worked out all the kinks.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i noticed that walking into a specific mexican burrito place with my brother also triggers the pathing of a local hobo to come in and stand in line or use the bathroom. It happens like clockwork

we r npcs

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Rushi posted:

People? No.

Goons? Probably.

Or at least one of those animes where everyone is ugly.

but youre here

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

i noticed that walking into a specific mexican burrito place with my brother also triggers the pathing of a local hobo to come in and stand in line or use the bathroom. It happens like clockwork

we r npcs

lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Top City Homo posted:

we r npcs

Did you ever accept the quest line you're obviously triggering?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Zajajaja posted:

I think most people imagine we're in some kind of high tech simulation that would be it's final form and clearly built for a purpose. I want to posit that maybe we're the lovely beta, a test form being made quickly and run through once just to see if they've worked out all the kinks.

God made the universe to better see and understand themself, they lived in perfect balance with classical clarity and the routine, not loving routine they gave birth to chaos, by destroying in order to create unimagined and unpredictable variables
there are near infinite lovely betas for God, as they run through various iterations of their underlying thought processes and emotional systems
we are God creatures in a universe covered over with God creatures with animals occupying varying levels of consciousness until the animal is self aware, and has merely joined a larger community of self aware beta programs dotting the universe
God plays with us like a clever older brother who constantly trolls us for kicks and perhaps to educate
we keep killing each other, God shakes his head and thinks, drat i was hoping this beta was further along
when we bear children we know a shadow of their frustration

i'll have those large fries, and a Coke now, thanx

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Mar 29, 2017

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

Did you ever accept the quest line you're obviously triggering?

npcs can't accept quests thats why

the world is a mess

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

if it really is a simulation, i'm betting on the kind of simulation that can only be run when all the matter in a prior universe is guided by intelligent life to collapse into a single computing unit in a last ditch effort to preserve information. poo poo's so hosed in our universe because we're on like the 485965th emulation layer.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im personally a bit upset about the patterns in the mandlebrot

like, something weeeird is going on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

look up a program called mandelbulber and go explore a 3d fractal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO9ugnn8DbE

• Locked thread