Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
let's see, you don't remember your death, or your birth
most of the universe is invisible to you; you are unable to communicate with other intelligent beings although surely they must exist
there are plenty of planets out there like this one, but all of them too far to study up close, and the speed necessary for travel makes it impossible to ever study these planets up close
we are randomly the top of the food chain and the only self aware beings on this planet, yet we don't live very long compared to other life forms on this planet
pretty much anything we gain, we gain at a cost, and anything we lose, there are benefits to losing
we are constantly in need of one another, forcing us to learn cooperation, whether we like it or not, with the exception of the rich who seemingly go insane as a result of being wealthy

this is a simulation, God is real, and they are trolling us

fin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

zeal posted:

the test is to see what happens when only one of an inhabited planet's sapient species also possesses biology conducive to tool use. you can judge our progress in the simulation by humans' relationship with the elephants, cetaceans and cephalopods

we've failed miserably; trump is a symptom of an abandoned experiment

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I keep selecting the wrong dialogue options in all my romantic side quests, now I'll never unlock the sex scenes :(

you are being sent the wrong actors; it's not the wrong dialogue; it's the wrong side quests

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Top City Homo posted:

op the human brain is actually two brains fighting over each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8

and one part hates you

this makes sense of alot!!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

At first this made me feel bad for my right brain

then I realized that fucker is the source of all my problems

if you work in tech or finance, that fucker is the source of all your income

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Top City Homo posted:

what an autistic mess!

yep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Zajajaja posted:

I think most people imagine we're in some kind of high tech simulation that would be it's final form and clearly built for a purpose. I want to posit that maybe we're the lovely beta, a test form being made quickly and run through once just to see if they've worked out all the kinks.

God made the universe to better see and understand themself, they lived in perfect balance with classical clarity and the routine, not loving routine they gave birth to chaos, by destroying in order to create unimagined and unpredictable variables
there are near infinite lovely betas for God, as they run through various iterations of their underlying thought processes and emotional systems
we are God creatures in a universe covered over with God creatures with animals occupying varying levels of consciousness until the animal is self aware, and has merely joined a larger community of self aware beta programs dotting the universe
God plays with us like a clever older brother who constantly trolls us for kicks and perhaps to educate
we keep killing each other, God shakes his head and thinks, drat i was hoping this beta was further along
when we bear children we know a shadow of their frustration

i'll have those large fries, and a Coke now, thanx

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Mar 29, 2017

• Locked thread