Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
If we're in a simulation thats like, universe simulation, then its some big rear end energy minimization problem that we're some side effect of (dark energy dark matter etc being most of the poo poo, thats where the money is)

if we're in an ancestor simulation then lol @ trump being important enough to ancestor simulate. i don't think advanced super humans honestly would care too much anyhow

if we're in a big videogame then i think id be smarter than i am so im prob not a future human playing this as a videogame

and if im an AI being trained in a simulated world then lol again id be smarter than i am so not an AI being trained

im p sure if it is a simulatiopn then the dudes running the sim are p much close enough to being gods that meh they are gods whatever and the universe is yeah some god's creation etc whatever and im pretty fuckin sure we're utterly incidential to what the sim is simulating (the universe is p big)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im more concerned that dark matter aliens are chillaxing here

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

Who's the PC

Because nothing's changing without the involvement of the pc of that's the case

lol u need to read the lessons of vivec

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im personally a bit upset about the patterns in the mandlebrot

like, something weeeird is going on there.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

VectorSigma posted:

look up a program called mandelbulber and go explore a 3d fractal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO9ugnn8DbE

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

collatz conjecture is a good one too. it turns in to loving coral.

math honestly scares me sometimes
~here be monsters~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
there is something deeply mysterious going on

• Locked thread