Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I can understand the after the fact letdown over the trimmed down to the nub scope, and how super short the game ends up. But still I'm glad I got it and played it. To be fair, mission structure gave me more of a shot at beating the game ever than always roguelike :v:

The game on it's own merits is sweet as hell, but over too soon. Even if I were good enough to beat Dragon mode yet.

PurpleXVI posted:

I saw the first video and was instantly, "wow, I have to get this!" then I saw "4-hour playtime" and that killed that plan quick.
Like, I can't tell people they are wrong to react that way. As much as it hurts because of how cool the gameplay is when it lasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

wiegieman posted:

You only ever pilot the Interceptor. It's basically a bunch of guns with engines on the back though, so you're not lacking in firepower.

My biggest wishlist item for Interceptors would be allowing at least ONE of them to have a separate loadout.

Whether it's so you can use niche modules without it feeling like a waste or detriment on the rest. Or so you could keep the guns the AI sucks at using to a single ship you will focus on using personally, etc.

I know I'd use the Kamikaze module way more if it wasn't required I make ALL the ships -80% hull kamikazes :v: With the ironic bonus that the AI has always been pretty garbage at kamikaze/torpedo firing at what I explicitly order them to do it against.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
God, I wish you could set at least ONE of the fighters to a different loadout. Especially due to the mods and weapons that are cool but either a waste or outright detrimental if put on every single ship/in the hands of the AI. I would use stuff like Betrayer module or kamikaze a hell of a lot more often if I could limit it to one ship.

• Locked thread