Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

quote:

Supersensibility. How can it be? The Dragon proceeds exactly where it must, as if it has practiced the fight a hundred times before this first.

This line works far better now that it isn't a roguelike, I must admit.

quote:

Quantum stasis system. One occupant. Permanent seal."

Brrr. One does end up wondering what the candidate review process for that looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

"NNI-8860 Imperial-grade transmission halo with soul shunt.

The Bone Road. One executor bears the Dragon, now another, now the first again: death from many points, turning like a pulsar, and you cannot find one body to kill."

If I'm understanding the interaction here right, from here on out I dub the Map Screen "The Bone Road."

Also, you can use your own names in-game: Navigate to the Dying Sun folder, dyingSun_Data > StreamingAssets > callsigns. As such, I'll take submitted callsigns for the following classes of vessel: Interceptors, Destroyers and Frigates. Include your class and callsign, and be aware that Frigates are rarer than Destroyers which are rarer than Interceptors.

As mentioned in the last thread, you literally got me back in an Interceptor cockpit, so I'll offer myself up as "Manxome Bromide" as an Interceptor pilot, and with INV Bandersnatch and INV Jabberwock for Destroyer and Frigate respectively.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

You cannot warp out if members of your fleet have disabled engines, and you cannot warp out if your path is obstructed.

Do engines self-repair over time, or are you expected to go mercy-kill them on the way out?

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Some of those ending choices become more interesting in the light of those handful of Codex entries (III and V-2, in particular0 that imply the Dragon's condition is not wholly voluntary.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
That was definitely worth the trip. Thanks for taking us along for that, and I'm actually impressed the VR capture worked as well here as it did. Also, um, thanks for the shout-out, JamieTheD, I'm glad that left an impression! :)

I see you've already charged onwards to your next project: good luck!

• Locked thread