Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Each mission has a flagship bounty, I think it gives favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

Aw, you don't get to pilot the Destroyers?

You only ever pilot the Interceptor. It's basically a bunch of guns with engines on the back though, so you're not lacking in firepower.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

For those wondering, you can always tell when you're inside a shield bubble by the blue haze on the edge of the screen.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

When your allied capitals lose engines, is that due to locational damage or EMP weapons?

It's due to getting shot in the engines. The player can disable subsystems by targeting and shooting them, but I don't think EMP will do it since it doesn't do any damage to hull.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

radintorov posted:

Those are quite the ending answers. :stare:
What are the two LOCKED options?

For the higher difficulties.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The Dragon is killing traitor lords for good every time it pops a pod. Only the Dragon has access to the soul shunt. Since Rhal'Tuum led the rebellion, Rhal'Tuum must burn, and all worlds that followed it will suffer a dark age.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

"The game" for the free-roam iteration wasn't the individual system fights (although those probably would have given more variety and engagement than the 14 small fights we got) it was the one level up meta of dealing with local system patrols, working your way to new warrens, and running from the False King while he hunted you down (at least until you had enough Dread and enough upgrades from killing Lords to face him.)

Kairo listened to people who wanted their cookies now and refused to eat dinner first, even though it would have made a better game.

e:Thinking more about it, I've come to the conclusion that part of the problem is Kairo making a false connection from ES to Dark Souls. I don't see a lot of Souls DNA in any of the previous forms of the game. I suppose you could say there's roguelike dna in there, but that's because people will call anything with progression a roguelike if let them.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 13, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Consider that, in the original pitch, attacking a shipping lane and hitting civilian freighters could've been a tense and rewarding use of your time. How well did you kill the runners to give you extra time before help comes, how far do you push your luck taking out targets as local militia and the lane wardens ramp up their attempts to take you out, and can you make it out before the False King or another heavyweight arrives to kick your teeth in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

It could still have been The Dragon leading whichever fleet was purging the infidels, but you could have the noble houses competing for the honor of dispatching this week's harbinger fleet.

• Locked thread