Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

In RPG games for the longest time I've usually either been playing a Wizard or a Warrior because I find blasting things with magic or slamming a giant axe or sword & shield into someone's face far more enjoyable in the majority of games than playing a stealthy character dancing around and stabbing a guy a bit, they always felt the middle ground of not really attaining much to me and I realise that's probably personal preference which is why I'm making this thread.

I'm looking for suggestions of games where the Rogue or Assassin archetype is good and fun to play particularly if they feel really visceral and strong, so I know I'm really stabbing a guy in the kidneys instead of just poking him in the back. Ideally I'd like some kind of good stealth/invisibility (as an ability not just hiding around corners or in bushes and whatnot Metal Gear style) where I can ambush things and fight guys and then stealth out to fight some more.

This can be any game you think of, whether it's on console or PC, an MMO or streamlined singleplayer experience, I'm just really in the mood lately to play some kind of character like this. It's entirely possible I've already played the game and ignored the class, so I'm not only for new games, anything within the past 5-10 years would be fine.

I guess for an example of what I want and this might actually sound stupid, and I don't know how it is these days, but when I played World of Warcraft many years back, I found the Rogue in that very enjoyable, they had a good feel for me at least for this sort of thing, you could stealth and had a bunch of abilities, and attacks from stealth, backstabbing and stun abilities, etc. It's probably the one game in my lifetime of gaming where I really enjoyed playing a stealth class and they just felt the sort of thing I always wanted from the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread