Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
Honestly as an individual class experiencing the same content, MMOs are going to be your best bet for different, meaningful gameplay as a rogue class. Unfortunately, most of the games I'd recommend in that fashion don't come into their own as a rogue class without leveling a fair bit or dipping your toes into PvP of some flavor.

GW2 has a high skill cap rogue class with multiple play styles, but I find it rather dull in PvE and it needs to be max level with a small amount of extra effort put in to really shine in PvP or World vs World. A couple of its other classes can also actually make use of stealth mechanics, and have some good chunk and heft to their combat, but stealth is mostly an added benefit for them.

World of Warcraft's Rogue remains excellent at ganking people in PvP and most of the PvE builds don't do anything with stealth and haven't for years.

Age of Conan is a dead (in terms of new content and player count, it's still up for now) MMO that has some really neat stealth gameplay but the minute to minute combat isn't great and the PvP has been dead for years. If nothing else it fits your visceral ask fairly well because the rogue classes in that can insta-kill most mook mobs.

E: I should note that when I talk about this, rogues as a class are a better thing in MMOs, but as an experience of a stealthy, murderous rear end in a top hat, something like Deus Ex or Dishonored are better, without being specifically built around that kind of thing as a core set of mechanics and gameplay. You just are that in those games, where in an MMO your class is a specific thing.

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread