Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Just finished my first playthrough. What a fantastic game! Definitely going to replay soon and test out the typhon powers.

Is the DLC worth a look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Do you not have the wrench? Save ammo by hitting mimics.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

Of all the games I've played, Bioshock Infinite is the only one with such a staggeringly lovely storyline that I flatly tell others not to play it before even discussing the gameplay itself. To this very day, I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that a full-blown mainstream gamedev company piled a whole bunch of insanely racist rhetoric and caricatures into their game to make it obvious that the bad guys were bad, only to turn around and unironically try to present the anti-slavery rebels as being "just as bad" or "bad in a different way" or some poo poo. Together with the already somewhat uncomfortably, er, old-fashioned storyline about a poor innocent pure virginal white girl suffering the depredations of evil men, it effectively presented the only black central character as an uncontrollably violent "angry black woman." I had been kind of uneasily giving Infinite the benefit of the doubt right up until that whole plotline's climactic scene, but as soon as that played out my husband and I just kinda looked at each other like, "ah, hmm, well, this is it: this is the bridge too far." Can't even imagine how loving awful it must have been for black folks to play through that poo poo. Infinite could be the most fun shooter ever and it would still be an irredeemably lovely, inexcusably racist game.

Luckily it is also a really lovely shooter, so there's no need for any confusion on that point!

My boyfriend (who is black) hates Infinite for exactly these reasons.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Worst hacking was Bioshock where it could literally be unbeatable.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Entropic posted:

I just replayed this for the first time in ages and I really think there ought to be an achievement for shooting the Nightmare with the nerf gun.

Achievement Unlocked: You Tried!