Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Hi Cowcaster! You can tell your brother in law that the demo is really neat and I appreciated it not letting me down because I got all excited for it!

....Seriously enjoying that the demo lets you just make yourself at home and basically gently caress off doing whatever you feel like. I got to a point where I figured the demo was done and that it was a sensible length, nope! Lots more to do! And I'm kind of surprised that I stopped playing it after a few hours because now that I was on top of things, I had all sorts of stuff I wanted to back track to and was kind of just getting too into the possibilities.

Oh yeah, can you please ask your brother in law nicely to thank the people who were responsible for the way glass breaks and all the fun to be had with it?
Had a hell of a nice moment when I took a running heavy swing at the 'jammed' door in the Yu apartment, and then lots of times afterwards.

Now to stay away from the game for a few hours, and it's back to trying to see absolutely everything there is to see. I'm sure somewhere in one of those weirdo high ceilings there's some astounding loot.

I wish I knew how to censor stuff, I want to ask if anyone else has found one of the craftable weapons that's,....Less than lethal,.....

Naganted fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Still being amused by the way the glass breaks. And I'm glad it's all over the place.

I think I might have a problem.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
There's at least one way bigger than life-sized.
I smacked it's protective glass a few times because of course,..

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
No Ring.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Hahaha had to jump into the future from 4 or so pages back in the thread, so I hope nobody's talked this to death yet-

...Awh sunnuvabitch, got so excited to post after laughing at it that I forgot the exact line-

I dropped down infront of one of the Phantoms and skittered off before they could notice me more than a couple of white blocks worth and the Phantom said the stereotypical guard line of "What was that? Guess it was nothing, must be losing my mind"

I really need to keep a running list of little things I've found, subtle and not at all.

I still lust for glass death because of the way it breaks in this game. I mark areas that I've been through with broken glass in 'noticeable' ways to such a point that if I'm walking around in a cleaned out area and all the glass is pristine I start feeling,....Weird....

.....And awh, the turrets thank you for upgrading them!?
Now I'm going to wish I could go all Roguelike Lich but with a gaggle of devoted turrets. Maybe next playthrough.

:coffee: :stoat:

Naganted fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 6, 2017

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
I had the ending break down and get a little strange due to some of my actions, and I was sort of proud that I guess my solution to everything wasn't taken into account/couldn't be?

Alex gets knocked out when uber Typhen can't remember it's name shows up, is floating in zero-g unconscious, I seal him into his bolt cave, get a checked off objective for making sure he doesn't die and leave to get going on setting up the Alien Bug Zapper.

January had been surprised and sort of agreeing to all my actions, but when I get to the bridge January is arguing with Alex about what to do (none of their disagreement had happened before, they hadn't even talked, pretty sure?) and tasers Alex and starts spewing about how if I want to release the Typhen wiping out thing I'd have to ki- I gladly wrench him and eradicate the Gigantic end game horrors gripping Talos.

I checked Alex's inventory after killing January and all he had on him was a bio-waste bag (heh,..) which made sense because I cleared out his inventory after leaving him safe and floating unconscious in his bolt hole. And sometimes you crap your pants when your unconscious in zero-g.

So I got a teleporting reviving Alex having an instant out of nowhere confrontation with January, and also The guy I saved in the test chamber just ran into the armory next to him and stood there for the rest of the game with his back to the window (kinda great considering all hell was breaking loose through there a lot. ) among a few other what I expected were weird/not quite right interactions.

Looking forward to when I eventually play through the game a couple more times and see if I can make the story run more smoothly with my choices, or try to break it as much as possible and try to show up in places when you shouldn't.

Sorry I couldn't remember all the right names for stuff, my mind goes completely blank when I try to recall that stuff while staring at a white screen apparently.

Naganted fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 19, 2017

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
I keep thinking I'd love a weird "just exist on the station" survival mode, getting all parts of the station online and keeping things running.

It would be a nice weird zen-like experience, and reminds me that I really enjoyed playing with the music off, I spent lots of time just stopping, turning off the flashlight and enjoying the scenery of the moment I was in.
And loving that there are absolutely areas that feel like they 'want' you to do that, and then also more often than not, finding something worth the snooping around stuck who knows where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Gave in and starting another play through. Promised myself I'd wait until the deepest drought of summer too.
The reaction to you hiding behind the chair will never get old.

Nice slip by the 'pilot' in the helicopter- "mind the glass on the way out." - I guess I thought they were telling me to watch the glass on the helicopter's windows and thought it was a dumb line. Obviously he means the glass of the big square room you're in. (I can't remember the name of the stuff Lg glass? Everytime I go to post I lose all the vocabulary words.)

I got out my tinfoil hat and wondered why this line would be allowed into the Simulation. Then my brain imploded and I decided to just post.

I'm also curious about the Mind controlled guy in Trauma I kept him safe and alone in his nice cell the entire play through and I never found out what the code Inside the room he's in is for - is it something obvious? and I never found out who was Controlling him, I thought everyone was tied to a specific Telepath? Did I forget to go back and check on him once I'd killed 'his' Telepath somewhere?

I figure I should still be as thorough with the spoilers because there's probably people jumping into the thread all the time?