Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

i'm a shark!!! i'm a SHAAAARK!! suck my diick!! I'M A SHAAARK!!

Mr President posted:

and kept saying that Doom 2016 Retard 4 was going to be a bad game so they really have no idea wtf there talking about.

So just like SA then? :v:

Amebx fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I've only just started and set the FOV to be 100 using the .cfg file. (PC)
Here it is again for reference

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Arkane Studios\Prey\game.cfg

Edit cl_hfov to be the value you want.
After saving I set the file to be read only, not sure if the game would otherwise modify it.

For some reason there is no such file in my folder. I've tried reinstalling, deleting saves, etc etc. There is a Profile and a SaveGames folder but no cfg.

Amebx fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 5, 2017

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

That's weird. You could try setting the graphics detail settings or something to something different, then check again, maybe then it would generate the file?
Is your OS set to display hidden files? It's not hidden here though.

It's not hidden. I even dropped another .cfg with the same name into the folder and it didn't overwrite anything. Maybe if i could use a copy of a game.cfg it would apply itself into the game but i dunno.

Worth mentioning that my graphics settings reset everytime i boot the game too. Controls are saved in a separate file.

Amebx fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 5, 2017

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

Graphics setting reset, somethings jacked.
I know you said you reinstalled but I'd try validating the files through steam.

(Do we have an Arkane or Bethesda dev or rep on SA??)

If you want, here is the contents of my game.cfg. 1080P / maxed with FOV @ 100.

Used your settings, it worked. Looks like it just had problems creating a file. Thanks for the help!

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

Awesome. I hope if you change settings now it remembers them.

Alright i think the problem here was that the .exe wasn't set to run as admin. This also prevented me from deleting saves ingame, as they would reapper next time i booted the game up.

So if anyone else is running into issues with missing configs or savefiles reappearing, just doublecheck the .exe.

Amebx fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 5, 2017