Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm going through the game for the first time, and focusing almost entirely on "human" abilities - I only have the first mimic ability otherwise. Am I hurting myself in any real way by waiting til my second playthrough for more exotic abilities? Loving the game so far, it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat the game tonight, and it was incredible. Definitely System Shock 3. I went almost entirely Human and had a great time, and the ending sure was a thing. I kind of suspected a simulation type thing since I tried out the escape pod ending earlier, and the last scene that happens when you get knocked out after entering both keys kinda solidified that. I saved everyone I could and escaped on the shuttle with the survivors, and took Alex's hand at the end. I'm glad the next Dishonored thing comes out pretty soon too.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

I have no idea what this game is except you kill aliens and its a spiritual successor to a bunch games I havent played either.

But I really want to experience something fresh and unique on my summer vacation.

Last fps I played was Deus Ex: HR and I very much enjoyed it for its stealth gameplay and cyborg powers

I think you will enjoy this game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think there's only one door in Neuromods that you won't be able to eventually open without doing a very specific deliberate thing.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm thinking about the door where it only opens after you kill literally every other single person in the game to get the code to kill the last 3-4 in that room. But, that's actually in IT security and I misremembered the location. I think that's the only door that requires something like that, the rest open with codes and such you find normally in the game or through a vent or whatever. There's probably a way to glitch into that room too tbh.