Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Any chance the demo progress carries over? Kinda the only way I'd justify it, seeing as it's so close and already a buy for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
In case anybody's wondering, yes, you can throw yourself into the helicopter blades to... predictable results.

Also, anybody care to speculate about "The Evacuation"? Mentioned in a book in the security office and one of the psychologist's session recordings. Sounds like some bad sci-fi poo poo may have already gone down back on the surface.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

A couple decent no-prizes to explain the shuttle thing: Dahl certainly didn't want anybody stealing the shuttle while he was gone, so he would have put some kind of biometric lock on it so only he could pilot it.

and/or

Given all the trickery with the escape pods and things like that, TranStar seems determined to be the sole arbiters of who gets on and off the station, so deliberately denying people the training to leave on their own seems a logical extension of that.

Plus we already know about two other shuttle pilots: the one floating dead in space you can find, and the one you can decide to blow up or not from the captain's quarters.