Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

God, I wish the Psychostatic Cutter was in the base game because it is so sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

RichterIX posted:

To be fair, by doing a human mods only run you locked yourself out of a bunch of the possible additions to your arsenal.

Yeah, and don't worry about the turrets, by the end game they'll all be broken as poo poo anyway.

There are many doors you can only get through by turning yourself into a coffee cup for example. (though I'm glad that in Mooncrash the engineer has the option to fix those broken doors)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mike the TV posted:

I'm the person that's played SS2 dozens of times but never used psi powers.

In SS2, most psi powers compensate for something else you can do somewhere else. Anti-degradation spell for guns, hacking telepathically, etc. PREY is different.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Prey was unusually fantastic at getting me to care about posthumous characters. The old doctor fighting dementia by creating memory-simulations in his room, Danielle and Amy's back and forth...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Man, it really kills it for me that friendly voltaic or thermal phantoms kill you with their emissions. I want to love you, crackling sparking monstrosity!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

One mod or neuro chip I wish existed was something that made it so you don't drain mana while mimicked and holding still. You know, so patrolling enemies can pass by. I hope the playable mimics get that.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

It's not quite on the level of the Preys or Dishonoreds but Vampyr reminded me a lot of Alpha Protocol in that you can screw over a lot of NPCs at any given time.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

I didn't super care for Dishonored 2 but that level with the timepiece that lets you view and travel through time is loving amazing. I'd play a whole game with that mechanic. Prey is still unmatched for me as far as depth of gameplay mechanics and the world around you feeling so complete.

Also hoarding trash and recycling it all is so satisfying.

"I have a grenade that cleans up everything and turns it into useful cubes!"

When they released the Prey suit for Fallout 4 I was sorely dissapointed they didn't also implement a recycler charge into it because that whole game is made up of resources you can scrap.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Eschatos posted:

How many Typhon powers are you allowed to have before turrets start aggroing you? I've only picked up turn-into-coffee-cup so far to get into locked areas, but I got like 50 psi hypos kickin around it'd be cool to make use of.

About 2 or three active powers? But don't worry too much about it, because turrets are very fragile and odds are as the game progresses, unless you repair them regularly, they get broke fast by respawning typhon.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Leverage 3 gets really useful in Mooncrash because once power failures start being a thing in the sim, someone who can force doors open with brute strength is very handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

At least Mooncrash mind-controlled humans don't really "count" since they're all listed as "?"