Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
I am baffled by the fact that this is developed for consoles but everything about it screams play me with a mouse. Never have a felt so turned off by having to use an analogue controller. I finally realized why a non-gamer might get so frustrated at having to play a first person game.

That being said if PC turns out to not be a buggy trainwreck I am so onboard. Can someone mod in multiplayer now please? Two Yu's Twice the Yun?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

It's.. it's almost impossible for me to like Arkane more then I do, right now.

I feel like I am missing the connection between you quoting me and your comment, I don't think you're being sarcastic but I'm not sure why you feel how you feel either, mind elaborating?

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

You said what a lot of PC players say when a game launches, and it's joypad optimised.

The thought of a game being optimised for kbm is cathartic. But it was a lame joke.

It should be improved on launch hopefully, if you're having problems on PS4.

I hope we can all change the FOV.

Thanks for explaining, I guess I assumed it was optimized for console and was surprised. Either way my fear is mirrored by people here in one form another, bad optimization for console or buggy PC version tarnishing what could be the best system shock 2 incarnation since system shock 2. Also, Friday release date? WTF, wierd but I like it.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

fadam posted:

I'm pretty sure all the poo poo they ate from that godawful DooM video was a major factor in Polygon basically turning into a memey Youtube personality channel.

Hey everything Mcellroy related in as much as its affiliated with Polygon is gold bricks of hilarity as far as my brain can tell!

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Jack Trades posted:

2.5 hours left by the looks of it.

What region is that?

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Jack Trades posted:

NZ. The earliest of all regions.
Warm up your VPNs.

What VPN do you use?

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Jack Trades posted:

Steam never releases game on time. Wait 30 minutes, it doesn't look like anything changed.

F-Secure Freedome

Funny, I didn't see NZ on it just Melbourne. Anyway at work now but looking forward to hearing initial pc reports and hoping its a thumbs up with buggy crap from the demo ironed out.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Plot twist its a mimic and prey takes place in alternate history 1949!

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Holy cow this game is fantastic! I was super skeptical from the PS4 demo but PC runs like a dream on a GTX 970 no less on highest settings!!!

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Okay, did I miss something but what the heck is with the volunteers section on the 2nd floor of the neuromods lobby some "ghost" keeps creating like a jump-pad type of thing wherever I go and launching me up, it doesn't appear to do damage and I have NOOO idea what it is or why it started happening in that room but its drat spooky

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 5, 2017

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Gunder posted:

https://twitter.com/ShawnElliott/status/860602508779155461

I wonder if this means going without a person to hand you objectives?

When you do it can you scream, THIS IS FOR DECEMBER!

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Can someone definitively tell me if I want to mess with typhon nueromods but don't want to trigger some bad ending or w/e ending is associated with it, can I install any of them? There are some mind controlled humans I want to try to save but it seems to require the associated psi power...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
I haven't tried using the typhon mod which breaks control but freeing all the living bro's from telepaths and then just leaving their unconcious bodies as I go about doing my thing just seems...odd? I imagine they just drop unconcious too if you break their mind control using the psymod?