Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

I see that this game has a wrench. Is it the Best Weapon, in keeping with tradition?

If a long, jagged piece of crystal is in the game then I'd say no because that would be the best weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

GET MY BELT SON posted:

Does anyone know what the gently caress the fabricator is saying when you create something?

WE SHALL BECOME GODS! WE SHALL BECOME GODS! WE SHALL BECOME GODS!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

This cannot continue! This cannot continue! This cannot continue! This cannot continue!

That's what the recycler says that when it realizes what everyone is doing. Creating something from nothing?!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

A fun little detail in the opening helicopter ride is Morgan taps their foot to the beat.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Morgan's secretary's password is hotboss. Oh lordy lord.

I love the incidental writing. It's really really good.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Not every game can be Horizon when it comes to having perfect endings, I suppose. I'm still stewing on the ending myself, I'll probably end up posting my thoughts on it just to get them out there.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ending spoilers: I was disappointed in the direction of the ending, but for the one that was there, I dug it. I kind of figured what it was when the second half started delving into "what is a person" kind of questioning and how Morgan was essentially a different person each time she had her memories wiped. I was personally hoping it'd all end up in a courtroom and showing the political and ethical ramifications for those kinds of experiments and the Pandora's box it'd open for governments and other corporations to exploit. However, that said, I think the gameplay potential for a sequel is really good. You can have two protagonists or even coop if you wanted. The fate of the real Morgan is ambiguous and I wouldn't be surprised it was her idea to put her own memories and genetic material into a Typhon given that it's mentioned through-out the game that she has a massive ego (so she'd essentially have two of her running around), so her showing up in the beginning of the next game and you choosing to be real Morgan with a human skill tree or Typhon Morgan with the Typhon skill tree seems like it would be really cool. Or if it's coop you and your buddy play as each one.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What you mean you didn't enjoy finding Andrew Ryan's secret musings about his mistress stashed in some random bathroom stall?

That poo poo was always so bizarre to me and it was doubly crazy that reviewers of the time really didn't bring that up. At least I don't remember them talking about it much. I guess that sort of thing was still novel enough that they didn't pay much attention to where the audiobooks were found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Welcome to Obsidian fans since the launch of New Vegas.