Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Haruhater posted:

So just a heads up: if you check out the thread on NeoGAF about this demo you will learn quite a number of things:
-You will understand why every single FPS game these days plays the same
-You will understand the audience for modern FPS games
-You will understand why Bioshock was so dumbed down after System Shock 2
-You will understand why Bioshock Infinite became what it was
-You will understand just how big of a percentage of modern gamers even comprehend what a horror game is supposed to play like
-And finally you will understand the audience reception that this game is going up against.

Among other things. Seriously, go check it out sometime. If nothing else; after seeing what kind of person the average modern gamer is, you are at least probably going to appreciate Prey all the more for the fact that it even exists.

Who hurt you to make you like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

You guys make me want this game so bad even though I have a huge queue of stuff already.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

I moved Prey to the top of my huge queue and I don't regret doing that at all, it's GOTY and probably going to be one of those long-lasting classics that people are still talking about next decade

I just bought this, even though I still have like 3... decades... worth of Witcher 3 content left and a big list of games waiting. I just want to have it in my possession and $30 wasn't such a bad impulse purchase price.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I just started playing the full game and once I started playing it like the title means something it really clicked for me. Since at the moment I'm relatively powerless (using a ps4 controller doesn't help) I'm acting more like, uh, prey; running and hiding from anything more than a couple mimics attacking me at once, using guerilla tactics to make it through tough encounters, and just biding my time and accumulating resources. It's awesome and tense Love this game!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

So I made a beeline for Necropsy, thinking it would benefit me in the long run to collect more exotic matter. Was that smart, or did I waste 4 neuromods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

You'll get so many Neuromods it doesn't matter but I appreciated the exotic matter boosts early on. I did the same thing and didn't regret it at all.

awesome!