Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I am going to buy this game. I really enjoyed Dishonored 2 regardless of how bad the writing and VA are. Having Avellone on board has hyped me further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

This game is so fuckin good holy poo poo

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Regarding the last part of the game I didn't mind the backtracking so much as when the Apex Typhon rocked up I was like "alright well this space station is done" and then I just loving legged it to the reactor and to the bridge. I'm playing on PC though so SSD made loading times a breeze. When I activated the self destruct and January said that I had a low enough Typhon level to not be a threat I blew him away with the shotgun and sprinted to the escape pod. As I was leaving I got a call from Mikhaila saying "Morgan I just detected an escape pod firing. I thought..." but I was out of there.

In the ending I actually didn't interact with Sho at all, so her operator just said "We never met. I can't really contribute anything.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

What a loving good game though. I really, really enjoyed it. I loved how they didn't prevent you from doing things that were suboptimal.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If you think Bioshock Infinite is a better game than Prey you've got a crippling case of the B.Ds. Prey allowed you to solve problems how you thought they would be solved, plus the narrative is way loving better. As a tour Bioshock Infinite is better, with big setpieces and such, but as a game Prey just shits all over it, as it is a game and not an $80 movie.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If you had any respect at all for the medium of videogames you would keep paying Arkane to make them. I reckon they're at the top of the game at the moment

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Man... Prey is such a loving good game. I really enjoyed getting high as hell and playing through it. Feels like the most "complete" immersive sim in that there's no fast travel, no hubs, everything makes sense. The games systems are so tight it enables some really out of the box solutions.

Anyway the fact that it sold poorly is an indictment on humanity

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Prey is actually the perfect game though. Probably the only pacing issue is the loading in the later levels but that's because you're moving from place to place.

I don't think any other game has made the environment as realistic as Prey has. It felt like a real lived in space and it was fun to learn pathing. I'm looking forward to Deathloop: it seems like Mooncrash might have been a test for that kind of gameplay.

Anyway Arkane rip it up and all their games are sick. God bless you Arkane

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Prey's ending is insanely good.

It's a commentary on the actual act of playing videogames. Did you, as a person, empathise with these characters even though they are just a simulation. The ending then judges you accordingly.

It's brilliant.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Dishonored benefits from playing it stealthy until you get discovered and then killing people until you're hidden again. I don't think the game is designed to be played completely non-lethally and some of the non lethal methods of dealing with antagonists are way, way worse than just killing them.

In Prey you have to be stealthy at least initially because the space station is very dangerous.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Everything is viable really. Just pick what you want and figure it out. Try not to spoil yourself in any way because the game is extremely good

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

All good I might be able to buy a ps5 by September

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I played Deathloop and I kind of liked how there was only one solution to the game. For me, it meant that the game kind of went through an exploratory phase, then a more focused investigation phase, and then a set em up and knock em down phase. Each time you figure out what powers and weapons are going to be most useful for your objective that level.

Also, as you get better at the game you just become a monster, flowing through levels just slaughtering.

I think Prey is their best game, however, and probably one of the best games ever made.