Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man what a game. had no idea this was a system shock-lite and saw it was $15 on steam. that ending is as trippy (if not moreso) than the beginning..Would love to see a sequel but i'm doubtful they are going to do one with lack of sales from this title

Nice to hear how good Mooncrash is. I'm still a bit on the fence of buying it but the overall gameplay of the initial game is pretty fun and i love roguelikes so maybe i'll cop it one day. definitely liked this game moreso than Dishonored 1 and Deus Ex HR

bef fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
offtopic but anyone played Arx fatalis? looks pretty interesting and im still itching for this kind of gameplay. only a buck something too so i figured why not

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

woodenchicken posted:

Arx Fatalis was fantastic and very much in the same genre as System Shock/Prey, except your "space station" was a system of caves. Also, make sure you're not sleeping on Dark Messiah of Might and Magic while you're at it.

I also picked up Dark Messiah as well ;) didnt realize that was done by Arkane! man they got a pretty nice track record. And yeah thanks all for the tidbit on mod support.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

ya i went through a huge chunk of the game without the q-beam. by the time i found it, it was kinda useless compared to stun gun/shotgun/pistol/psyshock combo

I found Q beam to be a savior for a lot of phantoms/poltergeists, at the end i mainly used the q beam and stun gun for the most part.

BTW Prey is gonna be speedrun in an hour or so on SGDQ :toot:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes jam as many neuromods into your head as possible.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

fadam posted:

Just beat this. Incredible game imo.

Questions about the ending: I saved everyone, incapped Dahl, blew up the station and escaped on the ship. I got the after credits scene where Alex reveals that you're an alien and they've been trying to do mirror neuron simulations or whatever. I know the ending is probably different if you use the nullwave, but is there like a super secret ending that reveals more about the ending, or is this pretty much it? Also, I noticed that during the ending and the intro there were really rapid frame cuts to something. I was never quick enough to take a screenshot of it, what are they?

the frame cut at the end is a bunch of operators staring at you just like you are right now but in a dimly light room. Apparently Alex is there too to the right but you can't see him initially. I'm assuming this means you are in a simulation during the big reveal just in case the mimic wants to misbehave ;)