Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It’s also good. My only hot tips are that the stun gun can disable the anti typhon gates, neuromods carry over when installed, and you should probably always buy Artix systems once you’ve taken the free one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Dishonored is great. I personally think Prey is overall their best game but everything post Arx Fatalis is at least good fun. (Arx is good too but it needs a fair amount of mod wrangling to be particularly approachable these days.) also apparently arkane made a game called KarmaStar on iOS and I’ve never heard of

Oh it was published by Majesco, was probably terrible

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Gaius Marius posted:

Dishonored is nothing like Thief. Thief is a game about having very limited mobility and about gaining level knowledge and using it to your advantage. Dishonored gives you insane amounts of mobility and is goal oriented

it is fun that you can just say whatever on the internet

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It drives me nuts especially because there are maybe more ways to influence other sections of the moon base than there are in Mooncrash. Like, you can nuke the bunker in Deathloop and rearrange where some of the visionaries are, and that’s it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

infraboy posted:

Finished up Death of the Outsider, pretty short and sweet with two of the missions being great in terms of level design, a mostly satisfying end to the series.

Started up Prey and enjoyed the opening bits... apparently I can't choke out the aliens :mad:

Having a good time though, still looks pretty good in 2022.

There's a stun gun and it's great.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

hazardousmouse posted:

I think Returnal is going to be the game that finally gets me to upgrade to PS extra. $30 to upgrade for the year? 70 for a single game that's included in that 30? It's kind of a no brainer

If you want Returnal, that’s fine, but it’s nothing like Prey or Deus Ex. It’s a watered down roguelike third person shooter.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

hazardousmouse posted:

Ok? I've beat prey and Deus ex. And in general I hate roguelikes so watered down is probably better for me

I’m just letting you know that the game you are posting about has little to do with the thread you are posting in.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, they really don't explain to you well enough what the summon operator is supposed to do, but it's a shared inventory between the Mooncrashers. I think it gets wiped when the corruption crashes out the sim, though.

vv: Eh. Sometimes it's okay to keep one of those power blocks in it in case you get stuck somewhere or if you find that cool plasma knife thing you want to play around with.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 15, 2022

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
That they have a console friendly quicksave quickload in dishonored 2 means they absolutely knew and accepted this.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I mean, by dishonored2 they've got Steven Russel as Corvo. What else do you want? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

ToxicFrog posted:

OG System Shock supported VR! Hasn't been ported to any of the modern HMDs though.

I'm pretty sure being able to see behind you in real time in System Shock VR will make your head explode like that bit in Scanners.