Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
So it sounds like Prey is shaping up to be something closer in spirit to System Shock than Bioshock, then? Because while I adore System Shock 1 & 2, I've given the Bioshock series numerous chances to win me over and just really don't enjoy them--even when trying to assess them without directly comparing them to the System Shocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bust Rodd posted:

One thing I am very curious about is enemy models.

Every humanoid you encounter will just be a male/female head on a jumpsuit or labcoat, but is every alien gonna be just squiggly black lines? I'm hoping for some cool boss fights and set piece battles but enemy variety could be a stumbling block.

Yeah I realize it fits the game's story, but I hope that there are more enemies than a handful of "squiggly black lines" variations. This is actually one of the problems I had with Bioshock: There are basically several different flavors of Splicer and Big Daddy, and once I got used to them, a lot of the tension evaporated.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

I never had problems with Dishonored 2 in 2 whole playthroughs except for that one scene in the beginning where you're in a boat and the framerate is like 10fps, but after that 30-second segment it's all fairly decent 30FPS.

DXHR, on non-Pro PS4 at least, was so jittery in the open world hub it was gross. Game just felt like poo poo on consoles but that's me.

Man, DXHR in general (including the Director's Cut) had some weird performance issues, even on PC, that generally required editing entries in the registry and/or playing with a browser window open in the background to remedy.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Mordja posted:

Haha, I remember that. It was literally the first time anyone saw the game and thought, "hey, maybe this could be all right?" God, what a fiasco.

Yeah I had basically zero interest in DOOM up until about 3 days before it was released--and I was raised on the originals, still play them frequently, and regularly wear Doom t-shirts like some kind of neckbeard. It was only after seeing the Nvidia video that I realized the game might not actually be a bag of dicks. No idea how a marketing department could be so incompetent as to utterly fail on selling me on the game. And it was a good loving game, too.