Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I also have been playing recently after picking it up months ago on sale

is good

some early game thought stuff-

so Morgan's been stuck in a 50 first dates scenario, but also they are testing the psychic powers. Except Morgan won't know they have powers... so when they do "whatever feels most natural" or whatever and turn into a chair, wouldn't they freak out? or am I overthinking.

also there's still a bunch of locked doors in the neuromod division- are those something I can open up/get around now if I'm thorough, or is that plot related?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Angry Diplomat posted:

Neuromods emulate the entire process of learning a skill. Once you're modded, using your new ability is second nature, as though you've been doing it all your life. So yeah, Morgan's supposed to just instinctively use Typhon powers during the test. They might freak a little if they think about it after the fact, but in the moment it presumably feels perfectly natural.

just kind of seems like the whole 'first day' dog-and-pony show seems a bit pointless if it gets derailed immediately by design but I dunno

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

KillHour posted:

Just coincidentally, Morgan happened to use some neuromods right before that point and it's unclear if they know exactly what was in them.

Edit: Also, it was explicitly stated that they inform Morgan of what is happening immediately after the tests. They only do the dog-and-pony show for the sake of the test sequence.

Ok, that makes sense actually. Getting the most pure "what comes naturally" reaction, completely untainted by any knowledge that Morgan even would have powers. Actually I think I remember an email along those lines. Although I feel like getting the second and third tests done would be more difficult.

GlyphGryph posted:

How far have you actually gotten?

The plot itself will eventually make access to some of these areas more straightforward, but for many of them (especially the ones in neuromod division, if I'm remembering right) I'm not sure that happens.

Fair bit further, now exploring crew quarters. I'd gone back to Neuromods and got into some new areas and thought I'd done a good job, but there was still a lot left. I'll take another look.

e; aha, found an angle through a window

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 28, 2023