Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Lol, it’s Ion Storm all over again, but with less John Romero and more corpo interference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Prey was fun to play but ,cmon now, it is not System Shock 3.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

You’re right… it’s better

Better? No. Prey is a good game, but it’s missing the parts that made System Shock 2 really creepy.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Flinger posted:

Prey is actually so good it's system shock 2 and system shock one gets pushed to 0

Prey is an homage to System Shock 2, both of which are excellent games, well until you get to the body of the many because holy poo poo I almost quit.

E: Dead Space is closer to feeling like System Shock 2 than Prey. Prey is a very clever deconstruction of SS2.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 21, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

System Shock 2023>Prey

Goddamn is it good.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Tortolia posted:

I would still say that Prey is better since it's based on two decades of enhancements to the genre design, but as someone who Kickstarted SS2023 and had basically written off that money I've been extremely pleased with it. Hoping Nightdive takes a crack at a remaster of the second game.

If would be absolutely amazing to see an updated System Shock 2, since it’s one of the best games ever made, well, until you get to The Body of The Many because gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Weird West is a great if flawed game. It's been a bit since I've played it so can't remember the specifics but I remember having to mod away some issues with the companions - seem to remember they were a little too happy to walk into your line of fire.

My other issue with it is that I'd prefer it be turn based rather than the somewhat awkward realtime isometric shooting, but I'd also like most things be turn based.

lol, you should be getting some kind of sales bonus from the devs, because I just bought the game today.

lol, a quick tip for anyone else, don't forget that you are running a local session of Stable Diffusion AI when you try to launch a game because it's a teensy tiny little bit of a strain on the video card.