Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

I'm surprised they're doing a demo! Arkane really must have taken the Dishonored 2 launch problems to heart. So far I've liked every game they've developed and I'm excited for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Huh. Hopefully the demo will eventually make it over to PC.

Otherwise there goes my theory of Arkane wanting to placate Steam users after what happened with Dishonored 2. :confused:

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Not a great way to reach the maintenance tunnel:

https://giant.gfycat.com/GrayAllCony.webm

So far I'm enjoying the DLC a lot! The metaprogression (especially one thing others have mentioned, being able to make more hourglasses) seems to take out too much of the challenge for my taste, but considering the genre it makes sense. Immersive sims are all about player choice, including in matters of difficulty. Usually the mechanisms are just different (menu options, playstyle variations, self-imposed challenges).

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

If you count as typhon, in a pinch you can also use the dart gun to get through (some) barriers. Walk far enough from the detector that it loses you and aim for the disable button inside the doorway. This is easier said than done because the dart arcs a lot at that distance. Once you land a hit, you need to get inside very, very quickly – I'm not sure it's even possible without the propulsion system's dodge ability. And don't start moving before the dart actually hits the button! If you get in range too early, the barrier will go up and stop the dart.

The way I figured this out was getting permanently stuck in level geometry in the tunnel to crater rescue pods, having to suicide and then not finding any relevant tools with my next character (because I cleaned house with the previous one). :eng99: It took 8 darts to finally get in, but I love that the game let me do it at all.