Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Okay, so I got this game on the sale and really want to play it, but there's something going on and it's running like crap.

i5-4590
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM
1920x1080

the Steam overlay says that it's running at 144fps, but the input is lagged to hell and floaty. It feels like it's running at more like 15 fps. VSync is off and everything is set to high, but changing the settings to low does nothing for the performance. I'm just looking around the apartment that you start out in.

I was able to completely max out games like DOOM with no issues.

What's going on?

e: yeah I am watching videos of people playing with basically the same system as mine and something is seriously hosed up. It should not be running like this.

e2: okay, so, i turned on vsync and it went down to 24fps, implying that I have a refresh rate set at 24fps somewhere. But my monitor's refresh rate is 60hz on the desktop, which is what is set in the monitor properties. Confirmed by setting the game to borderless windowed mode -- instantly the game becomes responsive and the framerate shoots back up to 60. Why is the game thinking I have a 24hz refresh rate when it boots in full screen mode? Other games don't do this. Where can I change this?

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU