Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It sucks that such a possible obvious good game will take a few days post release for me to consider purchasing it just because Bethesda and their hatred of reviews. Won't hurt anyone that made the decision or the people that made the product, but that's just my stance on something that looks like a fun game about seeing how much you can solve with just a nerf gun and some skill.

How many times do you see pictures of Aged JFK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Also I'd really like to have no denuvo, please. It really kills my mood to use my really powerful computer and then install a bunch of useless programs ontop of already going through steam as well.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Rinkles posted:

Bluntly, these games don't sell great. But, there aren't many of these game period and I don't think Bethesda did a good job marketing the other Arkane games, so it's not a forgone conclusion. Bioshock eventually became a bestseller, and iirc started off a bit slow. That was partly because of the generational shift it represented, but the game had genuine wide appeal.

I think with good word of mouth this could eventually sell decently. From what I've played and read this game could be exceptional in ways the Dishonored games never quite managed.

I mean this is what happens when you delay reviews. It hurt Doom 2016 and it hurt Prey 2017.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I was wondering what their stated reason was for the change. According to GameInformer:

Doesn't seem to have played out the way they hoped. In trying to have absolute control over the product, they've merely lost a lot of good will and convinced potential customers that they're untrustworthy. People are going to try and read reviews before buying a game to see if it's any good. If you directly stop that from happening, it's fair to assume you're trying to cover something up. Maybe that was actually the case with DH2 and the Skyrim remaster, but this game is great, well optimized, and appears to be suffering needlessly as the result of a dumb policy.

Some executive over at Zenimax thinks they're too big to care about playing by the rules and so far is likely unfortunately right. Even if this may eventually really bite them in the rear end to stop this kind of bullshit.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Cnidaria posted:

Yeah I'm early in the game and iv'e just been stealthing around phantoms instead of fighting them usually. You can also spec into better stealth attacks so you can do huge damage with the wrench.

Oh so this is a Bethesda game after-all. Stealth archery challenge, kill the biggest mimic with a sneak attack from the huntress.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

Why no reviews? Embargo is till day after release?

Some are dropping here and there from possibly just speed running the game as hard as they can, and this one does bring up the excellent question of how the mimics are like the evolutionary step of the over reliance on jump scares. Now there's a scare from anything and everything!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Zenimax and Bethesda are also being dicks by pressuring some little indie game by saying NO. PREY ITSELF IS OUR WORD. YOU'RE HURTING OUR COPYRIGHT BY USING IT IN A COMPLETELY UNRELATED PROJECT. Hell, Prey 2017 would be an even stronger game if they just dropped Prey and made up their own name, but since this game is just a Frankenstein's monster of good things in cool games in general, that's was never going to happen.

I don't know if its just their Marketing Department loving up or if its Executive Stupidity from Top to Bottom, but however you slice it they need to cut this poo poo out now because they don't know how to handle reviews nor PR.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Back Hack posted:

Prey 2 gameplay, looked super generic.

Some people would like a cool Bobba Fett game. But Prey 2017 is good in its own way.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
It turns out even your own saves could be mimics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Its kind of bland the whole way through, but it isn't the worst XCOM shooter they could have made.