Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I have been very interested in this game since its teaser. I never played any other Prey game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Me too. I don't think it's much related to the original Prey game, so no space vagina doors (so bizarre).

What stokes me about it the most is how Arkane did such a good job of adding replayability to Dishonored 1 / 2, and a unique aesthetic, that in a 1960's inspired space station could be a trip.

Dishonored 1 suffered from feeling too much like too many different source materials: there was a little it of Half Life 2, but not enough; there was a goodly amount of Thief, but the game didn't really ever feel like it justified Corvo robbing every house he's infiltrating blind; the implicit challenge of non-fatal runs also cuts you off from a majority of your abilities and weapons, which sort of makes it feel like you have to make a moral choice to play the game the "fun" way.

Prey looks like it's much more its own beast, and I think that unrestrained from previous models, this game will really showcase the developers' talents and present some true new ideas.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GoneRampant posted:

Nothing concrete since Witcher 3 came out and CDPR said "We'll start talking about Cyberpunk within the next year or two." Current money is on an E3 reveal.

I'll be perfectly happy to get nothing until next year, they said they wanted to cook this for a long time and the Witcher 3 has earned them the goodwill to do whatever the hell they feel they need to do to accomplish this crazy task.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Right so I finally got this game for disgustingly cheap and I feel badly because it's been really great so far. It's exactly what I'd wanted Bioshock to be -- in fact, it's frankly a game I'm sort of surprised doesn't already exist, it feels like this concept was possible years ago. But whatever, it's been great.

But I'm hitting a bit of a snag. Mostly 'cause I've been exploring like crazy, I went wandering down into Life Support just to see what was down there. it was death. My problem is, I'm hurting for firepower. I ended up back in the GUTS and now I'm sort of trapped with a Weaver outside and I'm low on medkits and ammo. There's a Thermal Phantom downstairs guarding a fabricator and recycler, but even if I get to them I'm hurting for materials.

I've been avoiding all of the Typhon Neuromod upgrades, so I have super strength and hacking but nothing fancier. I need some better weapons -- is there a flamethrower or something I can find, or any further offensive upgrade? With Telepaths and Weavers showing up all over the place, my shotgun is becoming a bit of a liability due to its range.

In terms of the main quest, I'm basically finishing up collecting Danielle's voice samples. No idea how far that is progress-wise. This game is really good, particularly with how it helps you believe that there really was a living crew on this station until quite recently.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

...! posted:

Well, there's also a trophy for not taking any Typhon powers.

Oh goody.

I'm not taking any, although the way I'm playing the game there's no real reason Morgan wouldn't -- just that I don't wanna have turrets turn against me, I prefer using them on the bad guys when I don't have much ammo to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the funniest thing about "turrets will target you if you have typhon powers" is how many turrets are already broken when you see them later in the game

This started to annoy me, but then I had to do a quest where I assembled a bunch of turrets and I suppose that sequence would be harder if those turrets turned on me?

Anyway, I got to the bottom of that enormous reactor room and there's really tough enemies stopping me from climbing. I tried to brute force run my way out of the room, but so far no success.