Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't think people understand what the difference between publishers and developers are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i do not begrudge this game its lack of weapon variety except in the sense that it doesn't introduce an entirely new weapons tree 80% of the way through the game that is disgustingly worthless, difficult to use, with extremely limited ammo, that costs more neuromods to first research, and then to use, than any other weapon in the game

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 22, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Xaris posted:

There were actually some insane goons in one of the other threads that were refusing to buy nu Prey because it was not Prey 2 they wanted from Human Head (which has barely anything worthwhile) with already outdated 2009 open-world jank and graphics and "bounty hunting" based on 4 year old 15 second e3 trailer

one of my real life friends (yes, i have them) is actually one of these people. he is the kind of person who is also a large no man's sky apologist.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Xaris posted:

lol how are there any NMS apologists? like even at launch? I guess I've heard it's "ok" now with patches.

:sever:

he's the optimistic kind-hearted sort of person who gets super psyched and hyped up over even little $15 indie games as being the next huge hit that will rewrite entire videogame paradigms so the cult of personality surrounding the utter vagueness of No Man's Sky "It's everything ever" was a perfect vortex of non-promises and imagined features that kind of sucked him in and left him feeling like a masterpiece had been created and the entitled plebian masses had unfairly shat all over it

prey 2 is kind of the same thing except since the game never actually was released all the starry-eyed hopes and dreams he'd built up around it remain unshattered so in his mind it's much better than the prey 2017 we got

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 24, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

from when it first launched to this day people still compare dead space to system shock and i never, ever felt the same way about it. i always considered it resident evil 4 in space more than anything.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it stays omghotboss regardless of gender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think it's just one of those single solution multiple approach things, just that january just straight up telling you the code was added later since it's plot important