Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
These controls with obvious technical issues are actually perfectly gimped in the right way for the superior taste of the old school horror game connoisseur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Thanks Palpek for evangelizing :) this game in the Steam thread. It's amazing.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

SunAndSpring posted:

Jeez, what's with the lack of reviews? Game's been out for a day. How do you guys like it so far? I could go for another System Shock style game I guess.

Bethesda doesn't send out review copies in advance any more. Seems like a bad idea if your game is actually good. But then again, as hot as most games come in these days maybe it's actually better this way than getting lower scores on pre-day1-patch review versions? And who knows if first-week sales are still the be all end all they once were, seems like publishers/devs are getting more and more on board with the idea of having a longer tail on their games.

Time will tell.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
You already made me spend the resources to raise my hacking skill, don't make me do a garbage minigame every time. Mod please.

Other than that, 6 hours in and barely any progress in the main story because got to find everything.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
There are some fantastic "Original Prey 2 would have been the best game ever (according to this E3 presentation video) and Bethesda killed it" warriors on Steam.

quote:

Where is Duke Nukem and Lo Wang bro main character with humor and story about indian reservation that got abducted?

Why do we play as some mongolian Adam Jensen? We never asked for this!

This game just spit in face of every Prey fan.

quote:

Right now, I see Bethesda as a man who doesn't accept to be said no when he wants a woman and who rapes women who don't want to offer themselve to him.
To sign a contract with Bethesda is the same as to sign your sentence to death or to slavery.
And I feel as if buying a video game published by Bethesda is the same as buying a product made by slaves and support slavery...