Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

You people and your games running badly probably never experienced running Doom in windowed mode at 720p on a dying 750ti. At 40 jerky FPS. And it was awesome get off my lawn.

(I'm confident it'll be fine at launch or very quickly afterwards.)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Odobenidae posted:

Despite getting amazing performance and not amazing but acceptable graphics with unreal engine 3 in the first Dishonored, Dishonored 2 uses the ~VOID~ engine which they made themselves based off of idTech 5. This new engine provides such benefits as ??? and markedly decreased performance using any graphics setting, low or high.

Runs brilliantly here, but I'm using a 1080 so it should. I thought the environment looked fantastic.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 4, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

In the pc version, can FOV be changed?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Yea, it did look good for pc on the stream.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Ah, FOV can be changed on PC via file editing and via slider with post launch patch.

prey pc fov + ultrawide support

arkane posted:

When the game launches the FOV can be adjusted via the game’s config file and Arkane will be adding a proper slider after launch. 21:9 ultra-wide support is supported at launch.

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Arkane Studios\Prey\game.cfg

Edit cl_hfov to be the value you want.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 5, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Must have been shifted to a post launch priority.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 5, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

sauer kraut posted:

Gameplay looks amazing on cohh's stream, god drat. Like old school SS2.

I know right. :neckbeard:

How big is it on pc? Really only 20ish GB?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

6% downloaded at 2.2MB/s. Ung.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

OK I'm really thinking Arkane love the original Deus Ex.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

MinibarMatchman posted:

Arkane's co-founder and Dishonored 1/2 director, Harvey Smith, was one of the main designers of the original Deus Ex

:prepop: I've been playing that game since around 2006 and didn't put it together. That certainly explains it.
Man, I would love a Deus Ex remaster in this engine.

I've only just started and set the FOV to be 100 using the .cfg file. (PC)
Here it is again for reference

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Arkane Studios\Prey\game.cfg

Edit cl_hfov to be the value you want.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 5, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Amebx posted:

For some reason there is no such file in my folder. I've tried reinstalling, deleting saves, etc etc. There is a Profile and a SaveGames folder but no cfg.

That's weird. You could try setting the graphics detail settings to something different, then check again, maybe then it would generate the file?
Is your OS set to display hidden files? It's not hidden here though.

SoggyGravy posted:

Holy cow this game is fantastic! I was super skeptical from the PS4 demo but PC runs like a dream on a GTX 970 no less on highest settings!!!

:discourse:

quote:

Can anyone tell me how much trouble I'm going to have with a 2.8Ghz processor instead of the 3.1 in the requirements? RAM and 3d card ect are all good.

Try it! If it doesn't work out before 2 hours of play, you can refund from Steam.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 5, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Amebx posted:

It's not hidden. I even dropped another .cfg with the same name into the folder and it didn't overwrite anything. Maybe if i could use a copy of a game.cfg it would apply itself into the game but i dunno.

Worth mentioning that my graphics settings reset everytime i boot the game too. Controls are saved in a separate file.

Graphics setting reset, somethings jacked.
I know you said you reinstalled but I'd try validating the files through steam.

If you want, here is the contents of my game.cfg. 1080P / maxed with FOV @ 100:
code:

-- [Game-Configuration]
-- Attention: This file is re-generated by the system! Editing is not recommended! 

i_useSteamController = 0
sys_spec = 0
r_VSync = 1
r_Fullscreen = 1
r_Width = 1920
r_Height = 1080
r_overrideDXGIOutput = 0
sys_MaxFPS = 144
sys_spec_water = 4
sys_spec_volumetriceffects = 4
sys_spec_sound = 4
sys_spec_postprocessing = 4
sys_spec_physics = 4
sys_spec_light = 4
sys_spec_gameeffects = 4
sys_spec_particles = 4
sys_spec_shading = 4
cl_hfov = 100
r_arkssr = 2
r_arkssdo = 2
r_AntialiasingMode = 3
r_TexMaxAnisotropy = 16
sys_spec_texture = 4
sys_spec_shadows = 4
sys_spec_objectdetail = 4

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 5, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Amebx posted:

Used your settings, it worked. Looks like it just had problems creating a file. Thanks for the help!

Awesome. I hope if you change settings now it remembers them.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Cool. I'm really enjoying it. I've booked the day off work to kill headcrabs mimics, after sleep.

E- you can disable motion blur in the game.cfg file according to Reddit, but I don't mind the effect in this game at all.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 5, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Amebx posted:

Alright i think the problem here was that the .exe wasn't set to run as admin. This also prevented me from deleting saves ingame, as they would reapper next time i booted the game up.

So if anyone else is running into issues with missing configs or savefiles reappearing, just doublecheck the .exe.

Thanks for the update. If anyone else has the same problem please :justpost: and I'll add it to the op!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The Walrus posted:

this game is a joy by the way. it's a bit shameless in its inspirations but I'm so happy to see a game with real complex systems again. i really hope it's a success.

It really is. I played DH2, then SS2, then this so I'm existing in a naive bubble where they are all like this right now. I recommend it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Concerned Citizen posted:

this game is good

really, really good.

buy it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

3Romeo posted:

new thread title

Prey: jesus christ these guys made system shock 3

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

You should find the shotgun soon.

I carry a turret or an explosive gas bottle around. Throwing a gas bottle at them takes them right out. (I have leverage 1)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I love the shotgun. I crept around for ages with the pistol, but now I'm just blasting alien fools.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The Walrus posted:

this thread really needs a title change to reflect how loving amazing this game is

Prey: Yu just buy it right now

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Totally going to exploit the recycler glitch unashamedly.

Also new thread title owns.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I want to see a stream of someone complaining it's too easy on max difficulty, when they're about half way in.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Tei posted:

Love the title of the thread.

About mimic...I can mimic into a turret!?

Yes, with an upgraded mimic matter.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Can anyone help me with this.

Where is the key in Alex's apartment

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Quinton posted:

That took me forever. I trashed the place looking for it.
It was under something on a bedside table, if I recall correctly

wooooot :discourse:
thank you!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

If anyone takes any good screenshots, or videos of gameplay - particularly in space - please let me know and I'll add to the op.

I've played a bunch and this might be the best overall game I've ever played. It's right up there anyway. Good work again Arkane.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 7, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Malek posted:

How you do it: Use the stun gun on mind controlled guys before they pop

Mindjack from a distance.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Surprise attack on mimicked Russian Blinis!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Phantom shift, then scan your doppleganger :v:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Ravenfood posted:

Not a direct answer but try glooing or stunning opponents as an opener. Both lead to bonus damage against enemies, saving you ammo. I have over 160 pistol rounds and 30 shells without making more than one set of shotgun ammo all game.

I also throw large objects at things a lot, so that helps too.

Also you can upgrade the guns themselves, and the security skills for weapons damage. You can 4 - shot a Nightmare with a shotgun that way.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Rookersh posted:

Do you ever see the survivors you save anywhere? I went through all that trouble saving everyone in Crew Quarters where the gently caress did they all go!

Same, I've rescued everyone and they aren't all showing there.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

What are the odds of a sequel? I want to see this story continue.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

uber_stoat posted:

I don't know if the crew quarters people every actually go there so you can talk to them, but there is a survivor hideout in the cargo bay.

I don't think they do go where you mention, I took a trip there right before the ending to check again, in case of any dialogue. Do they all end up on the shuttle if you take the evacuate option at the end?

I wonder if many people will just totally miss the ending sequence and final choice after the credits, and just assume the ending is super super short? I nearly did and would have been really let down if I hadn't waited.
Perhaps I should put that in the op.

I liked the ending, very neat, I guess it broke the 5th wall. And it could go into a sequel with a neat premise. Seeing how humans and Typhon interact with the hybrid Morgan (?) could be interesting.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 9, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I thought it was a very good game until I exited the station and floated around outside, then it became a really fantastic game.
It really ramps up after a few hours play, too.

I wonder if its up and running on VR yet. That would be a trip.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Plus the Q beam causes things to explode into nothing.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Malek posted:

I fragged him. Combat sense + fully upgraded shotty + stealth fully upgraded takes about 4 shots.

I always finish them off with a wrench.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

One thing I noticed about Typhon mods and turrets. If you like turrets, any you fabricate will be pre-hacked.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I played for 31 hours, and saved everyone, but missed some side quests, no doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Roobanguy posted:

maybe it has to do with your empathy score too? i got told mine was extremely high.

Maybe. I got that too, with Typhon mods: Black noodly arms.