Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Is it worth updating the op for this thread? Wondering if I should put some mention of mooncrash in. But I have not played that yet(!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Wafflecopper posted:

in Dishonored or Thief where I try to take out every last guard with a stealth takedown and pile their unconscious bodies in a corner somewhere.

In Dishonored, I KO'd every person at lady Boyles party, and piled them all into the boat. When the mission ended, they all fell through into the water. Beats the alternative, I suppose....

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Hannibal Rex posted:

When I play that mission, I reenact the Masque of the Red Death, only it's the Rat Death instead.

I need to replay dh1. It's so dark.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Benedict Wong (Alex Yu) hopefully having fun voice acting in the Dark Crystal. Dude has an excellent voice.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Wafflecopper posted:

You should remedy that. It contains two of the most brilliantly designed levels in video game history

Arkane :allears:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Megasabin posted:

I recently started playing this game and feel like I did something I shouldn't and now I'm worried I'm gonna break the game over my knee.

This is how I play the game every time. They want you to achieve chim - go for it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Floodixor posted:

Prey is an incredible game, thanks for reading

It is, long live 0451 games!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I like
- Increased Recycling Yield
- Harvest mimic organs (or whatever it's called)

At the start, and collect everything / recycle it. Then you can create neuromods from less raw material.

combat focus / psychoshock / health increase neuromod upgrades are super useful throughout the game.

Sneak around and acknowledge you're weak af at the start. That'll change though!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 19, 2020

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Yea, the writing in infinite disappeared up it's own arse without trace.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I couldn't get over the controls in ds1. It felt like massive input lag. I could try it again.. but eh.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If you were playing on PC, did you have Vsync on? That caused huge problems with the controls.

I probably did. I always buy games on release as well if I'm stoked... It's probably way better then I remember with the proper settings set.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Arivia posted:

are you serious

like I knew it was bad

but not random country music interlude bad

My chance to buy it in a sale increased, honestly.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Heh, whatever account I used to buy ds1 is long since dead so, I'll never get a chance to test if the game actually is ketamine wheelchair simulator.

Arkane handle controls very well.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Floodixor posted:

I haven't even really seen screenshot for D2, but please tell me they didn't "upgrade" to some gritty realism VS the more cartoonist and colorful D1.

It is more detailed - I think you'll like it though.
D2 has two of the best maps I've ever seen. Going from D1 to D2 was a blast for me.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Basic Chunnel posted:

There's another Bioshock game currently in some stage of development, probably for the next console cycle. Chris Avellone has publicly stated he's working on it, speaking of Prey.

I'll play the next bioshock to see how far up it's own arse it goes this time. Infinite got fairly deep, imo.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Dramatika posted:

I'm hoping that the next thread title will be 'Bioshock 4 - jesus christ they called the 2nd Prey "Bioshock 4". loving buy this!'

Just ask a friendly mod when it launches... I got a 10k hour probe that way! :sun:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

itry posted:

... how deep would you say?

Way too deep for most of us, but for Ken Levine.. just getting warmed up.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Serephina posted:

The best hacking minigame I've seen is on Paradroid

:same: it is.

Worst (for me): alpha protocol, as the controls didn't work.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Mike the TV posted:

Everything I came across was very slow and easy to kill. :shrug:

Even Unreal on Godlike difficulty? Mad props.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Serephina posted:

He's talking about the SS1 remastered demo you argumentative grognard.

I'm not arguing tho, but you're right about what they're referencing there.

E - misread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I care < :saddowns: >
I don't care

Death loop is looking awesome, just replaying Dishonored 2 + prey. Wonder how similar it'll feel to play.