Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Ending chatte.

Someone noticed the ending sequence video glitches for a frame:

Maybe everyone's dead and only operators are left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I had my phone set to auto display spoilers, and for a second I was :stonk:

I think it's when the game loads assets in.

Or maybe not....
Maybe it's actually a simulation of a simulation of a simulation at the start. :tinfoil:

There's definitely a pretty obviously intentional glitch in the opening helicopter video where it flashes to bluescreen for a frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n05C9HNyWEQ

You can see the ending frame at around 19:04.5 here <massive ending spoilers obviously>:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEHJvCOLgmA

Unormal fucked around with this message at 09:39 on May 25, 2017

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

I don't even know what to think if that's true. Hah.

I mean it's probably a legit glitch but the game's whole shtick is kind of glitch/mindfuckery so :tinfoil:

(P.S. also anyone who liked this game should play Soma immediately)

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

They did very well making the story hang together then. Hats off to them on that. That's excellent.

Hows the game play? I spoiled myself on the story and really liked it. If soma plays well I will get it for sure.

I also have to get Arx Fatalis.

There's not any real gunplay, it's an incredibly well crafted/written sci fi walking simulator. It's like a super good implementation of the story part of *shock minus any shooting parts. Arx Fatalis is great.

Unormal fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 25, 2017

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

That reminds me - what's the official reason for Talos 1 to be a space station rather than a (far cheaper and more accessible) groundside research complex?
I mean obviously the real reason is the Typhon, but they can't tell people that.

There's a recorder exchange where one scientist is concerned about the morality of what she's doing and at one point they discuss that anything they do is legal because it's outside the sovereign space of any country, so everything being legal is one big upside.

E: Gonna drop a protip: use the nerf gun to get the cyst dudes to pop, they love to chase the squeaks.

E: Phantoms take over corpses, right? So presumably the phantom you are could be Morgan's corpse (voluntarily??) animated by a Typhon?

Unormal fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 4, 2017

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Prey is so much better than Bioshock Infinite, B:I just had a >$100 million development budget, like lo loving l.

Them singing Will the Circle Be Unbroken was good as poo poo though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpr6W3lAeaQ

Unormal fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 28, 2017

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Utnayan posted:

The same one that goes outside of a thread to post a video they disagree with defending a game they like? I just happened to click on this and see if anything was new (It isn't) and low and behold I see a guy who sounds like they are taking literal hardship offense about what someone outside of their bubble thinks of their game.

In the end, what that poster said was wrong. Most find the game boring, convoluted to play from a combat perspective, and needlessly uninspired from an enemy point of view. It shows directly in the sales of said game and with most feedback outside of this thread.

/Shrug.

You, like most people, have absolutely atrocious taste.

Enjoy your american cheese and mayo sandwiches.

/Shrug

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kai Tave posted:

Prey thread, maybe you have some advice for me. I picked up a copy of Prey recently and I'm 6 hours into it and I'm digging it a lot, but I have a weird performance issue. My computer isn't like super state of the art or anything but with most settings somewhere between medium and high I can get an average of 60 FPS most of the time which is fine...but periodically, usually after I pick up something like a neuromod or when I transition between areas, the game suddenly dips down to like 30 FPS. The thing is, I can snap it out of it by going into my inventory and exiting, when when I come out of the inventory screen it's back to normal.

It's not a huge gamebreaking deal or anything and I get that my rig isn't top of the line, but clearly the game is capable of running at 60+ FPS most of the time, I just don't know what's causing it to sporadically choke until I slap it on the back.

Turn off vsync?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
[scratches "*have to make a procgen prey" off of the to-do list]

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Smith Comma John posted:

arkane putting the time-granting item anywhere besides randomized caches and large enemies seems like a big mistake

Its very easy to make a ton of them, once you get the plan, which you will pretty quickly..

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just beat the Prey DLC, it ruled.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Speedball posted:

It is interesting that the metaprogression lets you summon up something to carry your extra stuff, but what I want to know is, does the mule's inventory stay the same between player characters, I.e. can I stuff all my guns in the mule before I hop in an escape pod and let the next guy get one?

Yes it makes the game brokenly easy, if it wasn't easy enough with infinite timecubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nion posted:

I still haven't seen a Poltergeist in Mooncrash since I go the Psychoscope. And it's still the last thing I need to scan to get all the skills. Do they spawn in any particular location and/or corruption level?

They spawn in the showers.