Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Yeah if you maybe turned off objective markers you will want to turn them back on for that one guy specifically because he is literally just floating in deep space and almost impossible to find unless you watch a video or follow the marker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
IIRC the life support security station is only accessible via the mimic power, there's only a couple locations that are limited like that but I think it's one of them.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
You can just dump any unused items in the mule operator and they will carry over into the next character's run. The five escape run is pretty trivial if you do this as long as you lead with Joan and Claire to repair/hack everything.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Mooncrash seems very much like a test bed for Arkane's new IP Deathloop:

quote:

“DEATHLOOP transports players to the lawless island of Blackreef in an eternal struggle between two extraordinary assassins. Explore stunning environments and meticulously designed levels in an immersive gameplay experience that lets you approach every situation any way you like. Hunt down targets all over the island in an effort to put an end to the cycle once and for all, and remember, if at first you don’t succeed… die, die again.”

Not much info available on it yet, just this little press release but it sounds like an immersive sim roguelike where two assassins are stuck in a time loop trying to kill each other to escape, completing objectives as they go. Assuming it has a little persistent progression between runs that sounds fairly Mooncrash-esque.

E: here's a trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXv5IDp8y74

Gadzuko fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 13, 2019

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I found the survival options to be nice to mix things up on a replay but that was like my 4th run at that point. The non-survival Prey is the "true" Prey experience for a first run. Getting your leg broken when you can't fix it, don't know where the medbots are and you're already low on resources sounds more frustrating than fun.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Thanks for reading my long-rear end post that says absolutely nothing. A better topic: I can't decide between starting up a new/NG+ playthrough on a higher difficulty to try out different mods, or if I should jump into Mooncrash and experience new content...

I found it difficult to return to the main game after Mooncrash. Knowing exactly where everything was and what was coming felt less exciting after the randomness of Mooncrash. I guess my advice is to do the new game run first and then do Mooncrash last, unless you think you'll burn out after the second run in which case just go ahead and play Mooncrash now.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Would make for a hell of a kill everything run. Morgan alone on the station, no voices in their head except the typhon whispering.

That's exactly what I did on my first run of the game. One of the devs had suggested killing January on Twitter when the game first launched so I said hell yeah I'll just kill everything and it was pretty great.

There's no way to get lost because you still get the objectives for the main quest, it's just temporarily unkillable people like Alex or Danielle directing you instead of January.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

I mean sure there's nothing physically stopping you from doing a mixed playthrough with DX but the game does not, I think, actually encourage it. It specifically discourages you from doing it quite early on. The main reason to do it is really out of boredom, which I think is strictly worse than how Prey does it, and communicates it to the player.

DX1 incentivizes killing pretty heavily with a wide variety of lethal weapons and no consequences for killing post UNATCO. You're even required to kill Anna at some point to progress the story (glitches aside). Incentives for fully non lethal runs are entirely a community invention. Non-lethal is the best choice for the first couple missions because your guns and skills suck anyway, then you get the real firepower and get cut loose to do whatever you want.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I hope Deathloop ends with you taking control of the opposite assassin, starting a New Game+, and then going back and forth forever. Avoid the problem of having a bad ending by literally never ending the game.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Lichtenstein posted:

I vaguely recall someone clipping out of the intro sequence and finding out it actually did play out in the shifting studio onboard Talos.

Yeah, the level geometry in this game is basically Swiss cheese. The any% record is just under 7 minutes and it's a trip to watch (spoilers I guess although literally the entire plot is skipped :lol:):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkKq_n_m1fk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Mike the TV posted:

Well I'm in the minority of people that don't mind the Body of the Many. The first playthrough it completely rocked me because I had spec'd myself as a weakling hacker. After that I always made sure to get proficiency in rifles and come with enough AR ammo and everything else I might need. I've never gone too far down the psi route in SS2 because it's a pain to manage and swap powers, but I imagine it also makes things easier in the BotM.

Hah, I had been reading all these posts and thinking that SS2 holds up really well for me but now you reminded me of the psi power interface. Ugh. Yeah, I would really like to see that remade lol.

I am kinda ambivalent about the BOTM but I always preferred to play with at least a couple good weapons, so it was never too bad for me. Still would love to see it redone, though.