Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

VJeff posted:

Hardys on NXT would probably be the best thing for them and WWE. It'd give the Hardys a much lighter schedule and let them be with their families and their kids more, something that is a priority to them, they'd be big draws and they'd obviously have a lot to teach the developmental guys.

Like, they should be around for big shows like the big four, but gently caress it, why not let them mainly be NXT guys. I don't think two guys with their mileage and each one having a very young child need to be on the road every week.

Hahahahaha if you think that The Hardys of all people would get a schedule similar to someone like Brock Lesnar, Vince and Hunter will grind them into meth dust and toss them aside once they're done. They'll probably get a similar schedule like when the Dudleys returned.

But I do think that Broken Matt would be an amazing foil to Bray. And give them both something to make amazing with promos and hopefully backyard wrestling wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

VJeff posted:

Hardys on NXT would probably be the best thing for them and WWE. It'd give the Hardys a much lighter schedule and let them be with their families and their kids more, something that is a priority to them, they'd be big draws and they'd obviously have a lot to teach the developmental guys.

Like, they should be around for big shows like the big four, but gently caress it, why not let them mainly be NXT guys. I don't think two guys with their mileage and each one having a very young child need to be on the road every week.

That's a good point, but don't you think that them competing in singles would badly compound the "Indy Stars Waiting In Line For The NXT Title," problem, and them competing as a tag team gently caress over the Authors when they're about to kick a monster run into high gear?

On the other hand, the Hardys winning the NXT Tag Belts as part of their EXPEDITION OF GOLD and then going up to the Main Roster for a big PPV to try and win the Raw and/or SD titles as NXT Tag Champs to complete their quest would be amazing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sanguinia posted:

I'm not going to lie, the Broken Hardys burning through Raw's poo poo tag division to set up a confrontation with New Day could be the only thing that makes me give a poo poo about it again at this point. Complaints about Smackdown's tag division being dead due to lacking screentime and storylines may have merit, but at least they're only theoretically buried due to lack of exposure instead of actually buried.

Also, its hard to envision the Broken Hardyz (or even Hardy Boyz classic edition) fitting in with Smackdown's division. I feel like they would stick out like a sore thumb. But for some reason the Broken version seems like it would slot in with what Raw has going pretty seamlessly. Can't say for sure why, its just a feeling.

I still hope the Broken Hardyz interrupt the New Day at Mania, just so Xavier could tell him he knew he'd come.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What NXT def needs is more 40 year olds as champions

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What NXT def needs is more 40 year olds as champions

NXT does need more reminders for the young kids in developmental that they cannot and will never be as valuable as the wrestlers who are still alive and drew above average to excellent money for WWE (or were top guys in any other promotion) between 10 and 30 years ago

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Multiple times during the kerfuffle of the Hardys leaving TNA, it was pointed out that the Hardys don't want a heavy road schedule and they both have young children and that's a big part of why TNA was such a good fit for them. From that, I figured NXT would be a better fit from them than the main roster.

But then, I think they should overhaul NXT to let dudes cycle in there from the main roster more often. It'd let guys recharge themselves a bit, most of them would be closer to home, it'd probably cut down on wear and tear and it'd give NXT draws so Nakamuras and Joes and Balors don't have to sit down there for a million years. And the developmental guys would get to work with, say, a Cesaro or a Natalya or a Hardys for a while and get lots of good experience from that.

Like, I dunno, if they want NXT to be a third brand, why not take advantage of the things that would entail. :shrug:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hey friends. How was Raw?

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

DeepDickPizza posted:

no

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DeepDickPizza posted:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

DeepDickPizza posted:

Don't trigger all of us.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Fantastic, goldberg is the best!!!!!

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
triangle ladder match for the tag titles or nah?

this wrestlemania needs a ladder match

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I've never been so disinterested in a WWE Raw Championship before. Two part timers? No thanks. I wish Undertaker would be regulated to someone who just comes out and ganks someone then leaves. I've no desire to watch him struggle to wrestle, especially against someone I had seeing on my TV.

Good lord, what happened to the tag team division? I know following in New Day's footsteps would be difficult, but this is a real bad situation. Speaking of New Day, it sucks they've been regulated to backstage promos, most likely for damage control.

I know Big Show is on the road to retirement, but can he just quit right now?

HHH vs Rollins? No thanks.

I got a laugh at Bayley's reaction to Sasha saying she'll beat Bayley at Wrestlemania. As much steam as the Raw's women's division lost, it's my second most anticipated Raw match at WM, with KO vs Jericho being the most.

Whelp, it's up to Smackdown to carry Wrestlemania.

Now to think about it, Raw highlighted 5 part timers on Raw today for Wrestlemania: Big Show, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, HHH and Undertaker.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i'm ready

for a piano rendition of the hardy's theme with CFO$'s trademark Apollo/American Alpha horns

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

What the gently caress was that ending? There is literally no tension I'm the match if Brock has been layed out by one spear everytime they meet.

I hope they salvage this by having it become a comedy angle where it turns out Brock's diverticulites is out of control again and that is why he gets layed out by one spear. He can hold his stomach in pain everytime he comes to the ring.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
If they don't do the Bret Hart thing where Brock is wearing a metal plate under his shirt for the spear, then all of this has been for naught.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Gumball Gumption posted:

What the gently caress was that ending? There is literally no tension I'm the match if Brock has been layed out by one spear everytime they meet.

I hope they salvage this by having it become a comedy angle where it turns out Brock's diverticulites is out of control again and that is why he gets layed out by one spear. He can hold his stomach in pain everytime he comes to the ring.

It's really a textbook build. Now we all want to see plucky underdog face Brock Lesnar finally climb the mountain and win the belt off monster heel Goldberg.

Wait, poo poo...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Brock is getting beaten up by Goldberg because Goldberg is cool good person and Brock is a stupid, bad person.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Goldberg

Goldberg

GOLDBERG

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope Goldberg wins so that their story ends the same way it has been through the whole thing: Goldberg completely has Lesnar's number and Lesnar cannot fight him the end no moral.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 28, 2017

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That Raw sounds like loving garbage

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Alan_Shore posted:

That Raw sounds like loving garbage

then, now, forever

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Raw is a fart and a burp that happens simultaneously, causing a person to pass out.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Gonz posted:

Goldberg

Goldberg

GOLDBERG

No thanks

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope Goldberg wins so that their story ends the same way it has been through the whole thing: Goldberg completely has Lesnar's number and Lesnar cannot fight him the end no moral.

Heyman betrays Brock due to that :jewish: connection.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Wrestlemania is this Sunday.

At least I'll be drunk as all heck.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well as go-homes go, Goldberg spearing Brock was a shitload better than Brock and Roman having a tug of war over the belt I guess.

Sami beating former Universal Champion Kevin Owens in the (wrestling) main event of the go-home to Wrestlemania.... to get a spot on the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal was bizarre though. Hell I even figured he'd say,"Actually I changed my mind, I want a match against Samoa Joe!" or something.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

YOU WILL KISS THE GOOOOLLLLLDBERRRRRG

Gonz fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 28, 2017

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jerusalem posted:

Well as go-homes go, Goldberg spearing Brock was a shitload better than Brock and Roman having a tug of war over the belt I guess.

Sami beating former Universal Champion Kevin Owens in the (wrestling) main event of the go-home to Wrestlemania.... to get a spot on the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal was bizarre though. Hell I even figured he'd say,"Actually I changed my mind, I want a match against Samoa Joe!" or something.

Don't worry, Smackdown will feature my good friend Lou Parper winning and being added into the title match and main eventing Wrestlemania to thunderous cheers of "YEAH YEAH YEAH"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gumball Gumption posted:

As Brock Lesnar charges forward, TJ Perkins punches him in the stomach at a precise moment, causing Brock to collapse to the mat.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Sami/Joe not being set for Mania to begin with is loving astounding

Then again Shane McMahon is apparently the only loving reason AJ Styles even has a 'Mania match so I can only be so shocked

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

projecthalaxy posted:

same bc i'd seriously rather prefer the same goldberg squash than the same lesnar squash cause at least its a lot shorter.

i wish i had a "being john malkovich" view inside someone who was truly psyched about goldberg/lesnar 3. that'd probably be a better skit than anything the new day is gonna do on sunday.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
hello i am senor joe and i was brought up right before wrestlemania

why? i do not know

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Good morning friends, who else is looking forward to SMACKDOWN LIVE tonight? :)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

why? i do not know

I'm about 95% sure Joe was brought in to be a roadblock for Seth to overcome on the path to HHH, except Seth got hurt so that match never happened.

Yes, I realize calling up Joe and putting him in the main event picture to immediately have him lose to have a guy prepare for HHH sounds incredibly stupid, but that's the entire Seth/HHH feud.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Shinjobi posted:

why? i do not know

I kind of hope Joe is in the ARMBAR as lame as that would be for him. They seem intent on making it something relevant instead of just something that is now expected. Sami, Joe AND Strowman would give the match some intrigue in terms of who the winner might be while also paying off two feuds decisively at Mania. Quite a coup for the preshow.

Woe be to any Smackdown dude stuck in there though.

If he's not in there he's probably running in on Owens match to set up Hunter's stable and because Owens is a lame loser who can't do anything ever.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

St Evan Echoes posted:

Raw has ruined my excitement for smackdown.

All smackdown is for is to get raw over.

All raw is for is to get roman/charlotte over.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

St Evan Echoes posted:

I can only hope that good wrestler Luke Harper will do a Yeah and kick a guy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

I'm gonna miss it Live :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm going to enjoy smackdown while i can because WWE is absolutely going to kill it when they re-draft and send AJ back to Raw and make it the Roman Show.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 28, 2017

• Locked thread