Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I'm gonna miss it Live :smith:

Maybe you can watch SMACKDOWN almost LIVE instead, friend :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I can't believe we got another Zayn vs Owens match. How many is that after their one at Battleground which was supposed to be the last time they ever faced each other?

Also, boo to Neville/Aries being on the preshow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

Maybe you can watch SMACKDOWN almost LIVE instead, friend :)

The saying used to be if you can't watch it live, watch it later. I will definitely watch it later :unsmith:

It's just a shame I'm gonna miss out on the live last second/come to their senses announcement that Shane McMahon is in no shape to wrestle and will be replaced by his Champion, Shinsuke Nakamura.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

At this point I want SHane to announce a champion and have it be literally anyone other than Nakamura.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

That was a bad go home show. Smackdown is going to be a loving packed 2 hours tonight and will be 1000x better than Raw.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If there's one thing I do like about Wrestlemania this year it's that it's the first time in recent memory that many of the heels have better motivation than the faces do, and are easier to root for. I don't think that's due to good writing, more that they keep booking heels like underdogs.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

El Grande Perro

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm glad Sami Zayn is getting tv time every raw where he's called a loser over and over.

I think Goldberg should spear Lesnar, then spear Heyman and then spears Lesnar again and pins him and as Goldberg celebrates Lesnar never moved until the show takes a dark somber turn and the doctors come out and we learn Lesnar has actually died from the spear and then we also learn that Heyman too has died from the spear.

Basically everyone dies at this show is what I'm looking for

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

oldpainless posted:

I'm glad Sami Zayn is getting tv time every raw where he's called a loser over and over.

I think Goldberg should spear Lesnar, then spear Heyman and then spears Lesnar again and pins him and as Goldberg celebrates Lesnar never moved until the show takes a dark somber turn and the doctors come out and we learn Lesnar has actually died from the spear and then we also learn that Heyman too has died from the spear.

I like your plan but it would be even better if Goldberg then speared himself and also died.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
No joke, this is the most stacked Andre Battle Royal ever.

Tatanka's going to take it though. Or maybe Kenny from the spirit squad.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Senerio posted:

I still hope the Broken Hardyz interrupt the New Day at Mania, just so Xavier could tell him he knew he'd come.

Nah, it would be a bit different.

Xavier Woods! I knew you'd come... on Paige!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
#MauroRanalloWatch

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

Good morning friends, who else is looking forward to SMACKDOWN LIVE tonight? :)
Yesss, sorry to the suckas who still watch RAW but today is TUESDAY, The Official Day of the A Show

We're going to have a good thread with good posters watching a good show, just like every week

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

rovert posted:

#MauroRanalloWatch

Depression is a serious thing, please don't make a joke out of it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The Big Dog is still the cringiest nickname currently. It feels so forced and lame. Who the gently caress looked at those garbage BikerTaker ~THIS IS MA YARD~ promos and thought "Hmmm, yes this is what will help endear this guy to our fans!"

Honest Questions: This Mania HAS to be better than last year right? There's no loving way I can take a show that long and that awful again.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

rovert posted:

#MauroRanalloWatch

lads

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Senerio posted:

I still hope the Broken Hardyz interrupt the New Day at Mania, just so Xavier could tell him he knew he'd come.

Matt saying it to Xavier is a lot funnier to me.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokamak posted:

El Grande Perro

El Perro Grande versus El Enterrador por el control de la yarda. WrestleMania: El Último Viaje.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Not what I am doing but carry on.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Can someone make a running list of topics that we're not allowed to make jokes about here on comedy forum Something Awful dot com?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sami Zayn should enter the ARMBAR and when he gets in the ring he looks around at all the big muscle men and pisses himself and falls over and they have to rush him to the hospital while Stephanie flexes all over him.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Professor Funk posted:

Can someone make a running list of topics that we're not allowed to make jokes about here on comedy forum Something Awful dot com?

he was making a joke duder

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

he was making a joke duder

gently caress

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I beat Nier Automata last night for the first time instead of watching Raw except for the Roman and Rollins segments

It was a good night

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

Honest Questions: This Mania HAS to be better than last year right? There's no loving way I can take a show that long and that awful again.

The card is at least better in theory I guess. Still going to be entirely too long.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

The card is at least better in theory I guess. Still going to be entirely too long.

In theory, I'm actually sort of excited for the UNSANCTIONED STREET FIGHT between Seth/HHH, even though the Mania build has been poo poo. But are there any reports about what kind of shape Seth's knee is *actually* in? Obviously he's not gonna be out there on one leg, but do we know how limited he's gonna be (if much at all)?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

In theory, I'm actually sort of excited for the UNSANCTIONED STREET FIGHT between Seth/HHH, even though the Mania build has been poo poo. But are there any reports about what kind of shape Seth's knee is *actually* in? Obviously he's not gonna be out there on one leg, but do we know how limited he's gonna be (if much at all)?

He's been cleared to wrestle for at least a month

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0rhCoMzCk

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I will not be able to watch SmackDown LIVE tonight as I will be on a plane. :(

But then I'll be visiting friends for Mania weekend and we will watch all of the wrestling. So that'll be cool!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

why should I care about this loser's workout? lifting all those logs and still lost clean to Roman like a chump. he's no monster, get him out of the big dog's yard

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
why was footage from operation crossroads in there

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Here is that The New Day VR experience you wanted:

https://youtu.be/mDCM3rqA5Dc

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Levesque fosters talent growth with NXT, and some of his proudest moments can now be viewed as the talent elevates itself to the main roster and wins WWE championships. The greatest payoff is the celebratory picture with Levesque.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03/27/wwe-triple-h-paul-levesque-nxt-cruiserweight-brands

This explains everything. HHH and Stephanie actually think that they are the good guys. I hope Vince never dies because holy gently caress this company is screwed.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

quote:

“People can look at Roman Reigns and say, ‘The failed attempt that is Roman Reigns,’ but Roman Reigns sells tickets,” said Levesque. “Roman Reigns gets one of the loudest reactions every night, whether that reaction is a boo or whether that reaction is a cheer. The fans who say, ‘I don’t understand why they don’t turn Roman Reigns heel!’ Isn’t he already?

“If you believe what you believe, and you’re saying, ‘How can they not turn him heel? There is 70 percent of the crowd booing him out of the building!’ If that’s your belief, then isn’t he already the biggest heel we have? If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he’s a heel. We’re just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him.”

"roman is totally a heel just please ignore how every aspect of him is packaged as a babyface"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"roman is totally a heel just please ignore how every aspect of him is packaged as a babyface"

No you see, we the fans are the heels. This is a post modernist meta narrative.

Now excuse me while i try this years Shao Kahn cosplay.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Have you considered that maybe WWE is the heel?

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer

DeepDickPizza posted:

Hey friends. How was Raw?

Not as good as the superior "B Show" SmackDown! Live when it starts tonight at 8PM, Eastern on USA Network. Enjoy your 5-minute part-timer main event, red show. :fella:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Here is that The New Day VR experience you wanted:

https://youtu.be/mDCM3rqA5Dc

That is definitely not the New Day VR experience I wanted.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Do his t shirts even sell that well? Aren't they having some of the lowest ratings and losing viewership daily? Also not to mention yes he gets booed but honestly I feel like they aren't really passionate boos. The fans seem to not care about Roman that much unless he is slated to win a main event or have some huge moment. His match with Braun last month I feel like the fans really didn't give a poo poo, but yeah you put them in there with undertaker the boos will be louder than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When I went to the house show on Friday they sold out of Roman vests.

• Locked thread