Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wrong. It just makes them immediately laugh people off even more than usual.

That's why I think people should start chanting something like "PLEASE TURN ROMAN". "Die Rocky Die" was one of the major things that made them turn Rock. People need to use their voices specifically and pointedly and "CM PUNK" is a lovely chant for idiots.

Them laughing it off is the equivalent of the forum poster claiming he is the puppet master. If they actually laughed it off they would never feel the need to mention it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Eli Wiggum posted:

Sometimes I wish WCW won the war

Post '97 WCW is way worse than anything that's going on now

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strawberry Panda posted:

Triple H hasn't even fostered any talent. Everyone who's been successful post NXT was already good when they got there besides maybe Charlotte.

But dont you see? it doesnt matter that Dusty and Regal actually work or worked with the talent, all it takes is HHH lovely photography and they are ready to go. If they fail they where never good to begin with.

JUST LIKE SHAWN!

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 28, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Crowd: CM Punk CM Punk CM Punk

HHH: I'm actually laughing I think it's funny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's why I think people should start chanting something like "PLEASE TURN ROMAN". "Die Rocky Die" was one of the major things that made them turn Rock. People need to use their voices specifically and pointedly and "CM PUNK" is a lovely chant for idiots.

If it didn't rattle them, they wouldn't have given a poo poo about Rock calling him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

Crowd: CM Punk CM Punk CM Punk

HHH: I'm actually laughing I think it's funny.

In sorry Hunter watched his MMA career

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Stink, you're wronk.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Like 90% of NXT's purpose is to be able to show shareholders 'look at this thing HHH runs, it is not a tire fire!' so the stock doesn't lose 50% of its value in a panic when Vince steps down, so why wouldn't it be used to also get HHH as company boss over with fans, and make talent feel like he truly, truly cares about them on a personal level.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

If you really want to make a change in WWE then take a look at the man in the mirror

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Them laughing it off is the equivalent of the forum poster claiming he is the puppet master. If they actually laughed it off they would never feel the need to mention it at all.

Still doesn't change the fact that there are more effective and pointed ways to use your voices than chanting for a guy who isn't there and will never come back.

AJ getting deafening dueling chants in the showdown with Cena, I GUARANTEE you, impacted his booking after that. It wasn't CENA SUCKS, they were chanting for AJ.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

exploded mummy posted:

In sorry Hunter watched his MMA career

CM Punk made a ton of money in five minutes to get punched a few times. Went home to his hot wife and spends his days reading comics and going to hockey games. I think he's fine.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The_Rob posted:

Yeah that's my favorite thing. HHH picked up dudes who were really good and everyone already liked and respected. Then he stands there like he found some unknown talent.
Isn't that what Vince did in the 80s to kill the territories?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Still doesn't change the fact that there are more effective and pointed ways to use your voices than chanting for a guy who isn't there and will never come back.

AJ getting deafening dueling chants in the showdown with Cena, I GUARANTEE you, impacted his booking after that. It wasn't CENA SUCKS, they were chanting for AJ.

Yeah but AJ is legit the best wrestler in the world. When bullshit is happening in a company with people you don't give a poo poo about. Why not try and piss wwe off a bit. Who gives a poo poo about playing nice with a publicly traded corporation who mistreats its talent and actively hates their fans.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's why I think people should start chanting something like "PLEASE TURN ROMAN"
Ewwwwww

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Yeah but AJ is legit the best wrestler in the world. When bullshit is happening in a company with people you don't give a poo poo about. Why not try and piss wwe off a bit. Who gives a poo poo about playing nice with a publicly traded corporation who mistreats its talent and actively hates their fans.

Because pissing them off is how we get Mania 32 booking. Like I'm not saying don't say "This thing sucks", I'm saying CM Punk is one of the stupidest things that can be chanted.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

We need more Roman vests at the merchandise counter. I repeat we are sold out of Roman vests.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The_Rob posted:

How bout not paying them money which would actually probably piss them off

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A total joke but with money is like the ultimate dream here.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

If your goal is to spite a publicly-traded company, I know the best way to do that is to give them a lot of money.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
wwe crowds should hold the company hostage and chant unacceptable things like 4 letter words and racial slurs until their list of booking demands is met

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

How bout not paying them money which would actually probably piss them off

Luckily for us hasn't that been happening more and more?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
"If I hear the fire Russo Turn Roman chant one more time I'll fire turn someone, but it won't be Russo Roman."

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The_Rob posted:

Don't worry, they're in denial about that too!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its funny how they tout NXT as this niche product while the goon consensus is that NXT is loving awful right now? But they are not a real promotion so it doesnt matter if they dont make money, stars or compelling tv. When HHH is in charge of the company im sure he will make things right.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Strawberry Panda posted:

Triple H hasn't even fostered any talent. Everyone who's been successful post NXT was already good when they got there besides maybe Charlotte.

Baron Corbin, Bray Wyatt, American Alpha, Sasha, Bayley, Enzo and Cass, Rusev, Corey Graves (slightly different situation but still relevant I think), Alexa Bliss...am I forgetting anyone? I feel like I'm forgetting someone.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

WWE's made more revenue each of the last two years than at any point in their history.

So, no.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Okay bad example but my point stands. Chanting for Punk is dumb. I get what they're trying to do but it's a stupid and ineffectual way to do it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WWE's made more revenue each of the last two years than at any point in their history.

So, no.

Is it revenue from advertising contracts on their three hour show? Or is it revenue from crowd attendance and merch?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DIE ROCKY DIE!

rear end-HOLE! rear end-HOLE!

HOLY poo poo! HOLY poo poo!

SORRY TO BE A BOTHER BUT COULD YOU PLEASE TURN ROMAN?!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aphrodite posted:

SORRY TO BE A BOTHER BUT COULD YOU PLEASE TURN ROMAN?!

SIT DOWN AND SIGN THE CONTRACT!!!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Chanting for Punk is good and never stops being funny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Chanting for Punk is good and never stops being funny.

It's even funnier when it makes fans mad.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Is it revenue from advertising contracts on their three hour show? Or is it revenue from crowd attendance and merch?

Tickets alone were up $20 million from 2015, which was up $15 million from 2014.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also LOL if you think that USA will offer them the same money with their poo poo ratings and how they give away WM for free to try and prop up the network suscription numbers.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Tickets alone were up $20 million from 2015, which was up $15 million from 2014.

Does that mean more people are coming or is it the avatar logic of well tickets cost 30 dollars so we're the highest grossing movie of all time.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

HHH realizing every week that the fans are going to chant CM Punk and suddenly talking much louder and faster is consistently hilarious. it's like every week he thinks he's just gonna come out they're and they're gonna chant "HE"S THE GAME, THE rear end-KICKER, CEREB-RAL 'SASSIN, KING OF KINGS"

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

At first I thought this was going to be a picture of a giant sinkhole. Turns out I may have been right.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im sure that the old school wcw ramp was HHHs idea. What a genius!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
Is Shane McMahon really not going to reclaim his throne?

• Locked thread