Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

i can't think of a single chant that's made anything in wrestling better. usually it makes it much worse.

Elllllsworth

Elllllsworth

Elllllsworth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

He had shoulder surgery

and yet rusev isn't talking to the WWE universe live via satellite feed, to update us on his shoulder and make us jealous by showing lana fawning all over him

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
If they turned Roman heel he could develop a personality that could transition into being a face in much the same way nearly every top WWE babyface has.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jiro posted:

Oh good I guess they can finish the job on Sheamus that they started on Monday night. :v:

Change of subject though, has anyone on the Twitters or anything else heard how JR is doing coping with the loss of his wife?

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/845996073944526848/photo/1

That hits the good spot of the feels. :unsmith: Also it seems he's going to keep himself busy and he's honoring his appearances in Orlando this weekend. I guess it'll be good for him to be around people he knows.

Yeah I think I saw on Twitter that he was doing all of his Wrestlemania week appearances, which I have to imagine will be good/healthy for him.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

If they turned Roman heel he could develop a personality that could transition into being a face in much the same way nearly every top WWE babyface has.

Not gonna happen any time soon. Vince has decreed Roman is Cena's replacement as the King of Make A Wish. There's no way in hell the turn him unless crowds start leaving the building when his matches start or something.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VJeff posted:

Elllllsworth

Elllllsworth

Elllllsworth

BIG HOG

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gonzo McFee posted:

Every time they start to turn him heel their replacement babyface gets hurt and they have to abort

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I was at Mania 30 and it owned sorry

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I was at Mania 30 and it owned sorry

Sounds like you're very biased.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonzo McFee posted:

The blueprint is right there with his literal cousins. They were boring Babyfaces in July, then they turned heel in September, now I want them to win everything and if they turned back face and stayed hood Usos but just fought bad guys now, I'd cheer for them all day and night.

THAT ONLY TOOK SIX MONTHS FOR GODS SAKE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

You are one of the only people I've ever heard claim Mania 30 was a bad thing other than DoctorGonzo (I think) and probably HHH.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

They were airing Mania 30 on the Network a couple weeks ago and I can corroborate that it owned.

Underrated moment from Mania 30 was Cesaro getting up Big Show out of goddamn nowhere.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait, 30 was always bad now?

For fucks sake there has been like 4 good wrestlemanias ever and 30 was one of them.

Hell, to me X7 and 30 are the only good wrestlemanias.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You are one of the only people I've ever heard claim Mania 30 was a bad thing other than DoctorGonzo (I think) and probably HHH.

The_Rob posted:

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 28, 2017

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

30 was my only WM I've been to and it was one of the best ones ever and certainly the best one in the last 5 years.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

For fucks sake there has been like 4 good wrestlemanias ever and 30 was one of them.

I did you dirty, sorry Gonzo. :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Also the Shield coming out in skull masks and brutally 0wning the Old Age Outlaws in like 4 minutes was good.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Can we please stop the "WAIT (insert popular thing here) IS BAD NOW!?" when only one person says they didn't like the thing?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The totally FAILING SamuraiFoochs is very BIASED. SAD!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

The totally FAILING SamuraiFoochs is very BIASED. SAD!

Actually I'm gonna start a cool job soon so I'm doing pretty great. :)

I hope your employment situation has improved, buddy. :3:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don't care if you like 30 but I think 30 was aggressively mediocre. The main event had the correct ending but the match itself was a very basic wwe main event. Taker vs Brock was legit awful, Bray vs Cena was a nothing match with bad booking. The Andre the giant memorial was boring and it lead nowhere.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

So like what? Wrestlemanias 3, and 10 were the other two good ones for you?

9 should definitely be included, 12, 13, 14, 15, 2000, there are a ton of decent to good Wrestlemanias.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jiro posted:

9 should definitely be included, 12, 13, 14, 15, 2000, there are a ton of decent to good Wrestlemanias.

2000 was an awful awful mania.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The_Rob posted:

2000 was an awful awful mania.

Gonna have to be skeptical on that just because you had peak Hardyz, peak Edge and Christian, AND peak Dudleyz, in a triangle Ladder Match.

Edit:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Agreed, especially after both Austin and The Rock gave Hogan poo poo for calling it the Silverdome. The WWE made WrestleMania 30 doc is hilarious at this part.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 28, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
RE: WM30

I marked like a 6-year-old when Hogan, Austin and Rock were all in the ring at the same time

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jiro posted:

Gonna have to be skeptical on that just because you had peak Hardyz, peak Edge and Christian, AND peak Dudleyz, in a triangle Ladder Match.

That's legit the only good match on the card. And the summerslam one is leagues better and their x7 one is even better than that. The 2000 main event was pure garbage.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jiro posted:

WM 2000 was so bad that they re did the main event at Backlash.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Also I don't know how you would consider WM9 to be good unless you liked watching Bret get dicked over

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I liked 19, despite the HHH vs Booker match. It was my first Mania I was a fan for and Michaels vs Jericho is one of my favorite feuds ever. I think it's one of the best.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

projecthalaxy posted:

I liked 19, despite the HHH vs Booker match. It was my first Mania I was a fan for and Michaels vs Jericho is one of my favorite feuds ever. I think it's one of the best.

I kind of like 19 as well. Or I remember liking it at the time. Brock vs Angle was great. Hogan vs Vince was surprisingly fun. Jericho vs HBK was good. It also had one of the better sets in mania history. Rey vs Guerrero was super disappointing though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watching the WM 30 doc that should have been Takers last match. I hope he can retire with good health, he doesnt have anything more in the ring or as a character imo.

And his great how HHH is explaining is entrance as if Shao Kahn hasnt existed for the last 20 years?

AT LEAST WE GOT ALEXA BLISS!

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 28, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I honestly think his match against edge should have been his last match.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Eli Wiggum posted:

Also I don't know how you would consider WM9 to be good unless you liked watching Bret get dicked over

It had an incredibly cheesy hilarious, Taker match, and was good from a story line standpoint in how Bret came back to win the title against Yokozuna despite the Owen vs Bret feud.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Watching the WM 30 doc that should have been Takers last match. I hope he can retire with good health, he doesnt have anything more in the ring or as a character imo.

I think it should have been against Punk, Taker avenges the memory of Paul, and just rides off into the sunset. That was the last semi decent Taker match. There never should have been two matches with Hunter.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiro posted:

It had an incredibly cheesy hilarious, Taker match, and was good from a story line standpoint in how Bret came back to win the title against Yokozuna despite the Owen vs Bret feud.
Fair point. It was also Jim Ross' WWF debut.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The best part of Mania 9 was Macho Man, the color guy, saying that Doink used a powerful spell to clone himself and attack Crush, and nobody disputing him. That's the canon, official, announced explanation.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
IS THAT CHLOROFORM

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The_Rob posted:

I kind of like 19 as well. Or I remember liking it at the time. Brock vs Angle was great. Hogan vs Vince was surprisingly fun. Jericho vs HBK was good. It also had one of the better sets in mania history. Rey vs Guerrero was super disappointing though.

Rey/Eddie was 21. Rey wrestled Matt Hardy at 19

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Rey/Eddie was 21. Rey wrestled Matt Hardy at 19

That's right. I get those mixed up. I don't remember anything about Rey vs Matt Hardy.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
PLEASE TURN ROMAN!

NO DON'T DO THAT!

PLEASE TURN ROMAN!

NO DON'T DO THAT!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Wrestlemania was always bad

They should have went with Vinces original idea and called it the Colossal Tussle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

The best part of Mania 9 was Macho Man, the color guy, saying that Doink used a powerful spell to clone himself and attack Crush, and nobody disputing him. That's the canon, official, announced explanation.

Known magus Ted Dibiase was the one that taught Doink the spell, for a hefty fee of course, who would then use the same spell to make a clone Undertaker for himself!

• Locked thread