Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I did you dirty, sorry Gonzo. :(

Its okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Not gonna happen any time soon. Vince has decreed Roman is Cena's replacement as the King of Make A Wish. There's no way in hell the turn him unless crowds start leaving the building when his matches start or something.

remember when roman got a dying kid boo'd the gently caress out of the building

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I thought there were stories awhile back that WWE had lost faith in roman being the new guy for the future. Does anyone those or am I making stuff up?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!

oldpainless posted:

I thought there were stories awhile back that WWE had lost faith in roman being the new guy for the future. Does anyone those or am I making stuff up?

there was supposedly a rumor that WM33 was his last chance to get over and then it turns out they're already booking yet another coronation at 34

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Im glad there is a big Ladder Match at Mania but now but I am a little worried about it since Cass has already taken Sheamus to like 0.4 Mercury in a promo segment. He is not very good.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Enzo and Cass loving suck

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

DoctorGonzo posted:

Enzo and Cass loving suck

and you cant

teach

that

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Fans should chant "LOVE AND HIP HOP" because it's the better show and what they should be at home watching instead.

Also I find it funny how at first when they moved Enzo and Cass to the main roster, people were fretting about them splitting the pair because they loved Cass' size and Enzo was going to be pushed aside into the abyss. Now people realize they both suck and everything is okay.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

oldpainless posted:

If I recall right Vince got SUPER high on AJ and was considering giving him Roman's mega push, which turned out to be pretty close to true honestly.

I didn't hear the "last chance" thing, I think it was Meltzer saying something to the effect of if Roman manages to gently caress up two main events of two Manias he couldn't imagine Vince keeping op for him.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Tato posted:

Also I find it funny how at first when they moved Enzo and Cass to the main roster, people were fretting about them splitting the pair because they loved Cass' size and Enzo was going to be pushed aside into the abyss. Now people realize they both suck and everything is okay.

Vince went :flaccid: surprisingly fast on Cass and Braun simultaneously.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The_Rob posted:

That's right. I get those mixed up. I don't remember anything about Rey vs Matt Hardy.

I just watched 19 the other day and Rey/Matt was pretty fun despite going only 5 minutes. It's like they found out in gorilla that their match got cut in half and were like "OK let's get ALL OUR poo poo IN."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Enzo, the bad wrestler who loves chicken in inappropriate ways.
Cass, the bad wrestler who hides one nipple only.

Together, they steal screentime from the good wrestlers.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah I think I saw on Twitter that he was doing all of his Wrestlemania week appearances, which I have to imagine will be good/healthy for him.

What people close to JR will tell you is he never really "clocked out" of WWE. Still works like he's still on "WWE time" and gives the same level of effort to stuff as he did as a high ranking WWE office employee. Along with being around old friends I do believe it is the right place for him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
bada boom

lamest guys in da room

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Carmella is better than Enzo and Cass.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Vince went :flaccid: surprisingly fast on Cass and Braun simultaneously.

Tbf I kind of did too. I love their promos but they're wearing thin fast

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

rovert posted:

What people close to JR will tell you is he never really "clocked out" of WWE. Still works like he's still on "WWE time" and gives the same level of effort to stuff as he did as a high ranking WWE office employee. Along with being around old friends I do believe it is the right place for him.

Has WWE put out an official statement regarding the death of Jan Ross? I don't think I've seen them express their condolences anywhere as an official company statement. poo poo even TNA has enough of their poo poo together to put out something on their official twitter feed.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 28, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Why on Earth wasn't this announced on Raw last night?

Professor Funk posted:

Can someone make a running list of topics that we're not allowed to make jokes about here on comedy forum Something Awful dot com?

Please don't make fun of my fat, ugly mama.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jiro posted:

Has WWE put out an official statement regarding the death of Jan Ross? I don't think I've seen them express their condolences anywhere as an official company statement. poo poo even TNA has enough of their poo poo together to put out something on their official twitter feed.

Big Dave seems to think they have something planned for Mania weekend and that's why they really haven't done anything yet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Why on Earth wasn't this announced on Raw last night?

Only 3 hours. Guess USA will have to ask for a fourth when the next TV deal comes up

(I'm kidding, they'll ask for SD to be 3 too)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

-SmackDown Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss to defend against all SmackDown women who are available to compete (Kickoff Match)

-2017 Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Kickoff Match)

-WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville vs. Austin Aries (Kickoff Match)

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

I feel pretty safe in saying you could take three poo poo matches off the main card to replace these and everyone would be happier.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Link Chris James 2? Thanks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Link Chris James 2? Thanks.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/33

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Other than Asuka and other possible surprises, who are the available Smackdown women? Nikki and Maryse are in the tag match so we have Becky, Nattie, Alexa, Mickie, Carmella, Naomi probably, am I missing anyone?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the sd womens match screams pre show to me. The raw one will be a poo poo show so it will be entertaining in a train wreck sort of way.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Jerusalem posted:

Please don't make fun of my fat, ugly mama.

Enough about your promiscuous mother, Jerusalem!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man that loving sucks and is not at all surprising that Neville and AA would get pre show poo poo. It's a goddamn title match it SHOULD be on the show proper. Same with Alexa Bliss' title defense.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
New Japan is better than WWE right now.

There I said it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jiro posted:

Man that loving sucks and is not at all surprising that Neville and AA would get pre show poo poo. It's a goddamn title match it SHOULD be on the show proper. Same with Alexa Bliss' title defense.

Silly Jiro, we need time for HHH entrance, Taker dragging is carcass to the ring and the HILARIOUS New Day segments.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SD womens match on first should let me know whether to actively watch the show or just keep it on while I do something more entertaining and/or worthwhile

im not sure i can maintain my Smackdown Live!-style 200 shitposts per hour for all 10 hours of wrestlemania anyway

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Other than Asuka and other possible surprises, who are the available Smackdown women? Nikki and Maryse are in the tag match so we have Becky, Nattie, Alexa, Mickie, Carmella, Naomi probably, am I missing anyone?

LOTS of former wrestlers and valets are being brought in. WWE 2K18 are scanning them. 2008 is the anniversary of the Divas title is the theory.

Personally would expect Victoria.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hppe Austin Aries gets an enormous cape for mania. Ten feet tall. Massive cape. The ultimate thrill ride of capes.

rovert posted:

LOTS of former wrestlers and valets are being brought in. WWE 2K18 are scanning them. 2008 is the anniversary of the Divas title is the theory.

Personally would expect Victoria.

Hey neat. Thanks rov.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

SD womens match on first should let me know whether to actively watch the show or just keep it on while I do something more entertaining and/or worthwhile

im not sure i can maintain my Smackdown Live!-style 200 shitposts per hour for all 10 hours of wrestlemania anyway

That's some false logic in the sense that what should be gauged is the quality of the Raw matches if they are bearable between the Smackdown matches that are almost a given going to be leaps and bounds better than the Raw matches.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jack Anderson posted:

There I said it.

Controversy creates cash. Cha Ching baby.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

I hppe Austin Aries gets an enormous cape for mania. Ten feet tall. Massive cape. The ultimate thrill ride of capes.

Hey neat. Thanks rov.

They are bringing the likes of Teri Runnels and Jacqueline!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

projecthalaxy posted:

Hey neat. Thanks rov.

http://imgur.com/a/nr2BR

this or nothing then

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jack Anderson posted:

There I said it.

As I said on Twitter I hope the Smackdown Women's match is everything the Rambo is.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

rovert posted:

They are bringing the likes of Teri Runnels and Jacqueline!

those are some pretty mean sistas

What would you even do with half the old-school divas in a WWE 2k18 game if they're playable? Their entire moveset would just be slaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jack Anderson posted:

There I said it.

http://i.imgur.com/q5KaY97.gifv

• Locked thread