Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

The CM PUNK chant is better IMO. You just know that it bothers HHH and Stephanie-

Wrong. It just makes them immediately laugh people off even more than usual.

That's why I think people should start chanting something like "PLEASE TURN ROMAN". "Die Rocky Die" was one of the major things that made them turn Rock. People need to use their voices specifically and pointedly and "CM PUNK" is a lovely chant for idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Them laughing it off is the equivalent of the forum poster claiming he is the puppet master. If they actually laughed it off they would never feel the need to mention it at all.

Still doesn't change the fact that there are more effective and pointed ways to use your voices than chanting for a guy who isn't there and will never come back.

AJ getting deafening dueling chants in the showdown with Cena, I GUARANTEE you, impacted his booking after that. It wasn't CENA SUCKS, they were chanting for AJ.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Yeah but AJ is legit the best wrestler in the world. When bullshit is happening in a company with people you don't give a poo poo about. Why not try and piss wwe off a bit. Who gives a poo poo about playing nice with a publicly traded corporation who mistreats its talent and actively hates their fans.

Because pissing them off is how we get Mania 32 booking. Like I'm not saying don't say "This thing sucks", I'm saying CM Punk is one of the stupidest things that can be chanted.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Okay bad example but my point stands. Chanting for Punk is dumb. I get what they're trying to do but it's a stupid and ineffectual way to do it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sorry I guess it makes me a bad smark but I will forever think CM PUNK is a poo poo chant for idiots IF anyone thinks it'll actually change anything. If people just aim to mildly annoy Trips and that's all, then fine.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I'm sure there are people who think it will change things but I can't control people's intentions, but it annoys HHH and that's funny and good.

I guess. I just think it's stupid.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

keevo posted:

New Day Sucks

Daniel Bryan

AJ Styles

At the time, We Want Ryder

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

We want Ryder didn't change anything. They jobbed him out to Cena and ruined his webshow.

I guarantee you he never wins the US title without those chants. And Ryder winning it in his hometown was a cool moment, period. If we're using hindsight booking then Mania 30 wasn't any good either.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

It wasn't good. I thought that the very moment it happened.

What, Mania 30 or Ryder?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I was at Mania 30 and it owned sorry

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Sounds like you're very biased.

You are one of the only people I've ever heard claim Mania 30 was a bad thing other than DoctorGonzo (I think) and probably HHH.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Wait, 30 was always bad now?

For fucks sake there has been like 4 good wrestlemanias ever and 30 was one of them.

Hell, to me X7 and 30 are the only good wrestlemanias.

I did you dirty, sorry Gonzo. :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

The totally FAILING SamuraiFoochs is very BIASED. SAD!

Actually I'm gonna start a cool job soon so I'm doing pretty great. :)

I hope your employment situation has improved, buddy. :3:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

watching talking smack and i really hope for dean's sake that was a scripted promo

Very obvious it was.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm excited for WrestleMania against my better judgment. I can't help it guys, it'll be fun!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CarlCX posted:

I haven't been inebriated since the election and Wrestlemania is a fantastic excuse, and even though I feel pretty certain the booking is going to be deeply irritating, a lot of the matches themselves should be a ton of fun.

Too sweet me good brother. Also I don't remember the last time Mania to Summerslam wasn't at LEAST very good if not great.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

I wish if not WWE, every other wrestling company to try and do this, giving wrestlers employee benefits and health insurance might make them want to stay even. Though I suppose the problem is that doing so would bankrupt these companies with the costs to give all the workers a fair share. I don't know I'm not an accountant so can someone explain to me if I'm off base in thinking this?

No other wrestling company would have the capital to do that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sleepwalkers posted:

Never change.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but either way I won't. :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I want Bas to get his hands on JBL.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I'd love to see a legit tough guy like Bas Rutten bully JBL.

I might even take Bas over Brock. Do NOT gently caress with Bas Rutten.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shadow puppet of a posted:

Bas would palm strike him right on the diverticulitis though...

This was mostly my thinking when I said that. Bas seems like a nasty-rear end striker who always goes for weak spots. I am a gigantic dumbass about MMA though so grain of salt!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

That's pretty much what the NFL does at all times actually

And the NBA for that matter David Stern got booed vociferously EVERY single draft while looking smug as gently caress the entire time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

NHL does it too along with the MLB

In other words every major sport? Bet Premier League does too, tbh.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AsInHowe posted:

I know I didn't like her for a reason.

Why would that make you NOT like her?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ohhh. I thought you meant the conquering anorexia bit and got extremely confused.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

I just found this wrestling rap album and it's pretty awesome - http://megaranmusic.com/album/mat-mania-the-album

Mat Mania 2 drops soon and I actually helped on it! :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

poo poo that's awesome! What did you do on it?

I helped​ Lynx with feedback on some of the beats as he worked on them. :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you ever get to the point where I can't muster even cursory optimism, excitement, and or hope for WrestleMania just Old Yeller me. Christ, WWE has broken y'all. :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

At this point imagine actually liking wrestlemania.

The only Mania I've ever watched live that I outright hated (my first was 15) was last year's.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That show was worlds better than last year and other than Orton/Wyatt I don't think it was particularly badly booked but goddamn that ending was terrible and depressing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Roll the dice. Do we get Broken Matt Hardy or "I loving love grapes, I'm going to pull a gun on the ghost that's just broken into my house" Matt Hardy?

Broken. There was already a short Twitter video making the rounds of Matt and Jeff doing the broken schtick post-match.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

I don't think its reasonable to compare it a mania that is in the running for Worst Ever. I do think its reasonable to compare it to Mania 31. 31 was one of the worst builds to Mania in memory and by using the specialness of the event, the talent of the performers and some outstandingly smart booking decisions they overcame the handicap they came in with and left everyone happy and excited for the future. Mania 33 took a build that was very hit and miss, full of questionable decisions that led to a situation where people thought this show could go either way, and utterly failed.

31 made every decision right to save a trainwreck, while 33 made every decision wrong to turn a possible success into something that is totally disappointing and deflating despite an earnest effort from the performers.

Tonight ended badly but seriously other than Orton/Wyatt I can't think of any major missteps. Certain things were underwhelming (Rollins/HHH) or expectedly iffy (Shane/AJ) but the main event was the only outright lovely thing in a vacuum and even that it's hard to think of a way around it.

Now outside of a vacuum I loving HATE the idea of Brock being part-time champ for a year to lose to Roman a year from now, but there's no guarantee that'll happen even though that's apparently the current plan. I'm extremely relieved Finn didn't heel turn tonight (and if he didn't tonight I don't expect him to at all, which he shouldn't).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GrimGypsy posted:

That Mania was boring, poorly booked, unsurprising but for the Hardys, without much spectacle, and terrible. It wasn't the worst, but it deserves a place at the worst's table.

lol at the instant "no but see it was okay" stockholm syndrome that instantly takes hold with folks, though.

Get over yourself, seriously. Just because someone liked something you didn't doesn't make you better than them or vice versa. You didn't like it, that's fine. But being a smug dickbag about that fact doesn't make you cool or smart, it makes you a smug dickbag.

Listen I know I'm the super positive guy and people like to give me poo poo and compare me to a battered wife or whatever in the grossest comparison ever and that's fine. But I do genuinely enjoy WWE probably a solid 80% of the time. So I ask, what's more pathetic, the guy who watches because he enjoys it or the guy who watches to fall over himself to talk about how lovely it was and to feel a false sense of superiority over the people who did enjoy it?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

Where does shitposting without watching fall?

In really loving goddamn annoying territory but at least it's consistent and contains a level of internal logic so it has that going for it?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GrimGypsy posted:

The guy who gets really really upset if someone doesn't like a thing he likes.
If you cover all WWE programming, I enjoy about 80% or so as well - Smackdown is generally solid, Raw is usually 50/50, NXT is always great, the Cruiserweight stuff is good, and their side projects like the British tournament are great. Wrestlemania does and should have a much higher bar, and this one failed to reach it. Don't take it personally :shrug:

I don't get upset if people don't like things. It was the bit about "I eagerly anticipate seeing people work to convince themselves it was good though :smug:" that got me. There are a fair number of people that try so loving hard to be cooler than people that like things and that's the attitude they generally convey.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I wonder why Taker held on so long. After the hell in a cell with HHH he was really, really done. And after Brock? Come on son. I am sure Vinnie "Is that a wrinkle? YEEEERR FAAAAHHHRED" Mcmahon was not the one begging the Undertaker to stick around.

So I think Taker either couldn't hang up the boots until the boots were taken from him (hopefully now) or he realized too late that his late career resurgence was over and he just needed one more good match to go out on, like a HBK or a HHH. But he never got it, from his opponents, booking and his broken body, until we reached tonight. The saddest, saddest way for the last good character, a soldier in McMahon's army over the years, a respected veteran and hall of famer, to go out on.

Like that was Jake the Snake in a bingo hall sad.

Man, what a bummer.

I genuinely believe Taker thought he had one more classic in him after Mania 30 and didn't wanna go out like that. And to be fair to Taker he had a handful of good-very good matches after that (he looked loving great at Mania 31 comparatively) and the unfortunate reality is that he used the gas that was left largely in the other matches against Brock after Mania 30 and by now he knew he had to go out on his back but there was nothing left.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mkay0 posted:

Brock/Goldberg was absolutely a classic. The storytelling and execution since Survivor Series has been outstanding. I hated the SS match at the time, loving love it in hindsight.

Well yes but I'm sure Taker wanted one more at Mania where he lost (which he should have) and so he stuck around. It's really a bummer but is also 100% understandable.

Also Taker is very obviously never wrestling again and it's been clear since the Rumble this was his last ride. We might see him chokeslam somebody for a nostalgia pop or something but I'm very confident in saying that was The Undertaker's last match.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 3, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mkay0 posted:

Brock/Goldberg was absolutely a classic. The storytelling and execution since Survivor Series has been outstanding. I hated the SS match at the time, loving love it in hindsight.

I'd agree if it wasn't leading to a loving year of part-time champ, Suplex City Bullshit culminating in Reigns/Lesnar II in New Orleans a year from now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Taker: Ziggler needs to create some space and hit a big move hhhnnnngggnnhgg

This made me laugh and I love you a lot for this post, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also Seth/HHH was good but underwhelming and Seth 100% should have sledgehammered Trips into Steph into the Pedigree rather than the superkick. It was good and the right man won but it didn't have the gently caress YOU finality it needed. Curb stomp also would have worked.

• Locked thread